Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Implanon Removal and Ttc

I got my implanon removed 1 month ago today after having it in for 2.5 yrs. I had and have had unprotected sex with my husband several times since removal and I haven't had my period return yet. I have been experiencing on and off again nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness and bloating. How do I tell if these early pregnancy symptoms or if my body's trying to regulate itself? And if I'm not pregnant, how soon has menstrual cycle returned for the rest of you?

Replies

• Options

You should probably take a pregnancy tests. it could just be your hormones changing though, I had preg symptoms my first month off the pill - it is quite common.  

• Options

So I'm having similar symptoms. I got my Nexplanon removed March 9th after being on it for 6 yrs. Its now April 24th and for the last few days Ive had nausea, breast tenderness, and cramping.

I had my first period 3 days after removal (march 12), and once my 5-day period ended, Husband and I have wasted no time in trying to a baby. I'm now over a week past my next due period, but haven't started. I never had regular periods to begin with, though. One strange thing happened about a week after I finished my period--I had one small gush of blood out of no where. It was bright pinkish-red. Some mild cramping with no other bleeding. I thought it was implantation bleeding, but after getting a blood test done 2 days later, the dr. Said I was not pregnant.

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. 

So, even though I don't really have an answer, I can at least tell you that you are not alone in your nausea and weird symptoms after removing nexplanon.

• Options

It worth taking a test I had mine removed on the 22nd of February and by my early scan I fell pregnant 2 days later, I am now 8+5 x