Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone pregnant soon after HSG?

Hi all,

I had my HSG yesterday (wasn't all that painful during but I definitely knew about it last night and I feel a bit odd today). Tubes are all clear, everything looks fine although the radiographer said my left one took a while to flood so there may have been the smallest of blockages. Anyway, of course I've taken to the Internet through the whole process and I've read that a lot of people have got their bfp soon after the test. Has this actually happened to anyone? The clinic has said to me that I need to lose 4kg before they will put me on clomid so I'm a bit daunted by the whole thing now :-/ would be good to hear some good experiences!

Cheers,

Blue hawaii 

Replies

• Options

Sounds like where I aM, I had my hsg on 13th of this month , I think I'm around ovulation now I'm on cd19 and have irregular cycle lengths. I did find my hsg painful and I was tender for a good week after, they couldn't see any blockages in mine, I'm worried I didn't give them too much time to look properly though as I found it so uncomfortable.  

ive read lots about women getting pregnantsoon after, i hope it's this way for us.  

• Options

Have they given you any idea of what's causing it? My doctor keeps telling me it's my weight (12st at 5 ft 2 so yeah I like food but could be worse) but when I spoke to the clinic on my way out I'm just supposed to go back once I've lost the weight! 

I've had 4-5 visits from af since coming off the pill in 2014 so I can't track ovulation or anything. Hubby is average count so it's literally just a weighting game. 

Did your side affects from hsg carry on for a few days after? I'm 48 hours after now and still spotting slightly but feel a bit queasy now too :-(

• Options

They have thought was a while I have pcos.  I have a lot of the symptoms but normal ovaries 

• Options

I really didng have much spotting but it was gone after a day. the tenderness lasted a week.  I felt just under the weather for a couple of days but not enough think there was anything wrong I think it was just the trauma of it 

• Options

I thought I might have pcos but my hormones are all at the right level, nothing on my ovaries so I'm like wtf is it?! I figure I'm going to lose the weight anyway and if it happens without then great if it doesn't then there are options :-)

Wishing you all the best! 

Blue hawaii 

• Options

have you had your thyroid levels checked? 

• Options

Yeah I'm really bad with needles so the doctor did all the blood tests to make sure we didn't need to keep doing them.