Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

im probably being stupid

hey guys,

I've read a couple of articles including one on here. I know that smoking and stuff like that can reduce fertility but my boyfriend used to smoke weed, im not talking just one joint, it was long term a couple years. ( please don't judge us on this as we are very loving people and we don't smoke or smoke weed anymore and haven't since trying for a baby). but I was wondering if anybody actually know how much it reduces fertility by, I know that we are young and his sperm is probably healthy but I wont to make sure on some facts.

any help would be appreciated. thank you :) 

Replies

• Options

I wouldn't worry about it too much IHopeImGoodEnough. My partner and I are heavy weed smokers (have been for over 20yrs) and we are TTC our first baby but he already has a son with someone else.

I was reading an article the other day about Jamaicans smoking weed and pregnancy. It was a good read and did say yes it may slow sperm getting to the egg and I've also read that is does reduce sperm and egg counts for men and women but if Jamaicans are spitting out children all the time I'm sure peo who used to smoke will be ok. 

• Options

Thanks, for that. I knew I waa being stupid But i wanted to see what other people say x

Thank you again and I hope you have luck trying to concive x

• Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options

Thanks and he'll defo be more than fine as he hasn't heavily ones for over a year but I was worried about the long term. 

Thanks again as that has put the worrying to rest xx