Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help Dr called no ovulation

Hey Guys,

I am totally freaking out, you know the way you have a feeling something isn’t right, well slowly I’m finding things aren’t working as they should.

i had bloods done last week, my cycles are a bit irregular give or take a few days.

so we based it on 26 day cycle and took the bloods on day 20, she just said they came back at 2.5 and need to be 23 to show ovulation happened. 

Now I know it could be down to timing but I can’t help feel that there’s more to it.... 

anyone else have similar problems? 
Xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi there,

I do have a similar problem,but I take Clomid so it differs in that sense. I am on my second cycle of Clomid, and with my first, my doctor called after drawing my blood and informed me my progesterone was a 2 and normal ovulation is as close to 10 as possible, so I hadn't ovulated. They bumped me up to the 100 mg dosage of Clomid, and I just went for my day 23 blood draw yesterday. I haven't spoken to my doctor yet since it's the weekend, but they emailed me my results since that is an option if you sign up for an account, and my progesterone is at a 13.5, so I assume I did ovulate this time. With your case, I would ask your doctor to monitor the next couple of cycles. If the progesterone levels stay that low, then you aren't ovulating, and you may want to ask for Clomid or another medication, which forces ovulation and helps support progesterone levels and can in turn support a healthy pregnancy. 

How long do your cycles tend to be and how long is your luteal phase? I think I have a shorter luteal phase, and that has hindered me getting pregnant. Maybe you have a similar situation? 
  • Options
    I’m not sure how long my luteal phase is how would I know?

i stilll haven’t got my period yet I’m on day 28, so hope it comes tomorrow it will be 28 this month again, same as last month. 

Xx
  • Options
    Your luteal phase is the time span between your ovulation and when your period. It's typically 2 weeks long, and I have heard if it's only one week, it can be tough to get pregnant. Do you track ovulation with any sort of kits or apps? That is a great way of knowing if you are ovulating or not. You can also check cervical mucus and body temperature, but I struggle with the body temp stuff tbh. 
  • Options
    Well I don’t think it’s two weeks I heard it had to be 9 days but not sure. 
    How can I track tho if I’m not ovulating? X
  • Options
    Girl I’m in the sane boat
    i don’t ovulate
    waiting for my test results on July 8
  • Options
    Strangely enough the doctor said I didn’t ovulate.... fast forward two weeks and I am now pregnant 😳😳😳😳 must be a miracle, we wanted kids but maybe in a year or so, but I guess whats meant to happen will happen x
  • Options
    Strangely enough the doctor said I didn’t ovulate.... fast forward two weeks and I am now pregnant 😳😳😳😳 must be a miracle, we wanted kids but maybe in a year or so, but I guess whats meant to happen will happen x
    Oh wow, congrats!!how did the doctor get that wrong lol??
  • Options
    I had the same problem last year. After 5 years of trying to concieve I approached my GP for help and they tested 3 cycles and all came back with a progesterone level under 5 and the conclusion that I was not ovulating. I was sent for further tests such as an ultrasound to check ovaries and the lining of the womb and also a HSG to flush my tubes. All results came back with no explanation as to why I was not ovulating which was heartbreaking and so frustrating as we just wanted to know why. My consultant advised he would look into putting me onto medication to help ovulation and advised healthy eating and exercise which I started immediately within 2 months after almost 6 years of trying I found out I was pregnant and I am now 20 weeks. Please don't give up hope even though at times it may seem it will never happen. All the tears and heartbreak every time my period arrived seems worth it now we finally have what we have longed for for so long. 
  • Options
    Boopy said:
    I had the same problem last year. After 5 years of trying to concieve I approached my GP for help and they tested 3 cycles and all came back with a progesterone level under 5 and the conclusion that I was not ovulating. I was sent for further tests such as an ultrasound to check ovaries and the lining of the womb and also a HSG to flush my tubes. All results came back with no explanation as to why I was not ovulating which was heartbreaking and so frustrating as we just wanted to know why. My consultant advised he would look into putting me onto medication to help ovulation and advised healthy eating and exercise which I started immediately within 2 months after almost 6 years of trying I found out I was pregnant and I am now 20 weeks. Please don't give up hope even though at times it may seem it will never happen. All the tears and heartbreak every time my period arrived seems worth it now we finally have what we have longed for for so long. 
    I think I don’t wanna try past 30
    which is literally in the next few months 
    but maybe I’ll give myself cut off of end of 30
    i have no period hence no ovulation
    😭
  • Options
    I’m so glad to find a group like this! 
    This is the situation I’m in but I’m about to find out today from the doctor what’s going on with my progesterone levels! My cycles are 34 days .... but every other month since February it’s been 40 days plus! So weird! So having blood taken day 25 , 28 , 31 and I’m now on day 34 and guess what .... no period! I’m guessing it’s potentially PCOS but the irregular cycles is the only symptoms I have! Just hoping I get put on Clomid to help! We shall see what she says today!
  • Options
    Nashy1990 said:
    I’m so glad to find a group like this! 
    This is the situation I’m in but I’m about to find out today from the doctor what’s going on with my progesterone levels! My cycles are 34 days .... but every other month since February it’s been 40 days plus! So weird! So having blood taken day 25 , 28 , 31 and I’m now on day 34 and guess what .... no period! I’m guessing it’s potentially PCOS but the irregular cycles is the only symptoms I have! Just hoping I get put on Clomid to help! We shall see what she says today!
    I hope you get Clomid, too! I'm on my third cycle and I ovulated last cycle, so there is hope! 
  • Options
    @Boopy I have just read your comment (I know it is a month old :) ) and wanted to ask if you think that the HSG also helped you to get pregnant? Congratulations by the way! ;) I had my cervical screening today, progesterone blood check on Friday, another blood test at the beginning of my period, ultrasound and HSG. I have read great comments about "cleaning the tubes". It apparently increases your chance to conceive, especially in the first 3 months.

We have been trying for a year and a half... we are healthy, never smoked, no alcohol at all. True, we are old: I am 36, husband is 47.

I also wanted to say that you have given me hope. 5 years of TTC! Wow, you are a hero, so strong and determined. I am very pleased for you! Enjoy your pregnancy!