Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan

Hy all
I went for my ultrasound scan this morning, which went fine, However i thought i may have been given an internal yet wasnt.
The nurse simply scanned around my ovaries and that was it, Was told to contact my doctor in 2 weeks.
Can anyone shed any light on if this is normal or not.
Many Thanks Laura

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    Didnt want to R&R, but not sure on this one. When i had my initial scan it was an internal one, not sure what the norm is though. Maybe ring your docs for advice.
    Sx
  • Options
    When I had mine they told me they only do the internal one if they can't see what they are looking for on the external.... so I think you're fine.
    Unfortunately I had to have the internal.
    Hope this helps
    Cx
  • Options
    Hi Babylaus

Apologies for sounding ignorant - but is this your scan to see if you've got PCOS? If so, I only had an "external" scan - I had to drink alot to have a full bladder as then they can see the ovaries better apparently. Like Cuddles said, if they cant see the ovaries well enough, you would have probably had to have had an internal scan. So sounds normal to me! image