Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sorry if this is a stupid question but is there pain with

PCOS??

i have hair where i shouldnt have hair!! only a few though 2/3 on my tummy 1 just under my chin & i noticed 2 or 3 on my (.)(.)'s yesterday. I find it really hard to lose weight. Im overweight but not an overeater.

I've had pain since last oct when i had an ectopic but the pain never went away, Its not all the time & sometimes i have it its just an ache then at its strongest its like a throbbing stabbing pain. Being related to the ectopic was ruled out & it was said it was just a co-incidence it started at the same time. I have been referred onto a surgeon who prodded & poked me & said i have a torn tummy muscle & the pain is scar tissue?? said it could be another 6 months before it stops that was back in May & its just as intense though not as frequent. however i've noticed its now moved slowly over to the other side & now is starting off just as it did on the left though not yet as intense as it is on the left, its all very odd & there is no pattern to it, it can come on out of the blue hang around for a few days at different levels of intensity then bugger off for another while!!

My cycles have also become really irregular over the last 12 months i have had about 5 Af's this year longest was 104 days shortest 28.

BTW when i had my internal scan for the ectopic i was told first off (before they found babs) there could be something on my right ovary (that they thought may have been the pregnancy) also that i had a few cysts but not to worry about those that everyone gets them & the majority of the time they cause no problems & can come & go with each cycle.

After reading all of that waffle & thanks if you are still reading!! does it seem possible I could have it?
I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has PCOS with pain if it exists!

many thanks girls appreciate any feedback.
KJ.x

Replies

• Options
    Me. i suffer server pain caused by cysts on my overies dibursing. and my sister is the same.for me it usually week before period and week of but has been known to happen anytime. it was actually the pain that got me diagnosed.

i know how u feel bout the hair altho u sound lucky my hair is so bad it would be easy to mistake me for a man. HAHA.

Sarah and Amelia 17weeks
  • Options
    I have pcos and always had irregular painful periods, am hairy, hormonal...
    It could be scar tissue healing as consultant said it may also be a bit psychological as well stressful/traumatic experiences can often present themselves in such ways. For example: I started getting panic attacks 2 yrs ago which escalated to quite a bad level I still get them but not as bad. I had someone I was with up and walk out on me and my son a wk before our 1st yr together and 3 days later failed my driving test and also had flu and that's how it started... quite random really. The hardest thing was knowing that my actions were irrational but the despair of not being able to control it was awful.
    I hope you feel better soon and get the baby you are hoping for xjx