Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

has anyone had a baby with help of metformin and then baby 2

Hi,

my ds is 1 and I was lucky enough to concieve 3rd month (2nd cycle) will never know I guess but on the month we concieved I had started to take metformin and don't know if this was the cause or not.

We are now ttc no 2 and not having much luck, cycles all over the place etc...just wondered if anyone had gone back on metformin when ttc the 2nd and how easy it was. I am seeing gp today to try and get answers but dreading being referred again and the wait! I am 35 on sat and can hear the old tick tock....

Replies

• Options
    i had to use metformin for ds1 and then went back on it for ds2. also was on aspirin and clomid 2nd time round but was given them straight away.
    good luck with ttc
  • Options
    Helooo,

My little girl is 8.5 mths and I took Metformin for approx 12mths before we convieved with her.

Im now back on Metformin because the symptoms are back ten fold!!! However I had a very interesting challenge to get back on the meds...

Firstly GP told me I was not able to have metrofmin again as it helped me concieve and the NHS will not support another fertility plan for a family who already have a baby!!!! I was outraged and insisted on seing my consultant to discuss this further... Anyway after 6 weeks of batteling my case (i had to lie and say it was not for baby#2 more for controlling the symptoms - weight gain, hair growth, lack of AF and moods) they agreed to giving it.

I wouldnt mention TTC #2 when u ask to be prescribed it again - shocker!!

But been on the slow release tablet which I find much easier to manage (2x 750mg before bed) I kept forgetting the middle tab when i was on 3x500mg.

So reccommend the modified tablets - Good Luck Ladies.....

Kerrie & Hope 8mths and 16 days!!!