Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation pain after ovulation?

Hi there

Im new to this board so just wanted to say hello and pick your brains!!

I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago when ttc my first. I eventually conceived with the help of clomid (3rd cycle). I normally ov'd on clomid on cd14 and it was all pretty standard. However this time round is slightly different. I am on my first cycle of clomid ttc for baby no2. I ov'd on cd23. I am now on cd29. I had the usual signs around ov, and I have also been having regular scans at the hospital to monitor my ovaries and they confirmed I was about to ov imminently on cd23 - which according to my temps is correct. They said I had 3 big follicles this month. My question is, since ov I have been having a painful right side (ovary pain). Especially today its been very sharp and has even been hurting when I stand up or walk. Not unbearable by any means, but definitely not pleasant! So is this normal to have these pains after your ov'd?? Im completely confused. I am still having ewcm, but no where near as much as when I ov'd. But ive heard this is not uncommon after ov? Im going for a scan tomorrow as they want to check all the eggs have been released. But I was wondering whether I should ring them to ask if this is normal or if anyone here would know?

Thanks!
Danie x

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I have recently finished my 1st course of Clomid. I went to see my doctor on Day 14 of my cycle to have a scan and she told me there were 2 eggs on my left side and none on my right. I was then given an injection to release the eggs and I did experience some sharp pains on my left side for the next 3-5 days. I just put this down to the injection and the eggs being forced to release. Hope this helps and good luck trying for baby no 2
    Danielle x