Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Surgery this Saturday....

Got my laparoscopy this Saturday so they're gonna do the dye test and ovarian drilling. Waaaaaa!!!

Just wondered if any of you have had this done how it went and how long until you felt ok...?

Bit nervous but hoping it' gonna help things....

H xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mrs Robson

G/C to say good luck! I'm sorry I don't know anything about this but I'm sure it will be worth the hassle and will get you a step closer, and you'll be seeing your BFP soon!

xxx
  • Options
    Thank you StarryNu - hope you're well xx
  • Options
    Wishing you luck Mrs R- I'll be thinking of you. My friend had a laproscopy last month and said it wasn't as bad as she thought but had some bleeding afterwards. Hope everything goes well and gets you closer to that bfp! xx
  • Options
    good luck for tomorrow xxx
  • Options
    Well, it's Sat so guessing you've had the surgery today - hope everything went well for you!! I had a laproscopy/dye in March and it was OK, had a week off work afterwards as I was abit sore where they'd made the insisions (sp!) but then I had AF a couple of weeks later, so it must have kick started something which was good!! image

Have lots of rest and take it easy, sure you'll be fine.

• Options
    Hi MrsR,
    Just checking in to see how you got on and how you're feeling? Hope you're being looked after by your dh xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls for kind words and wishes. Turns out PCOS was the least of my worries as I don't have any viable tubes. My only hope of getting pregnant is IVF.
    Absolutely Gutted xxx
  • Options
    I haven't been on here for ages and I am so sorry to see this MrsRobson. You poor thing, I know nothing I can say will make you feel better right now but I am sure things will work out for you in the end, it will just be a different journey to get there. I hope you are being kind to yourself and that your other half is looking after you.

Big hugs xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Magpie - DH is being wonderful. Just not ready to speak to any of my family or friends yet - don't know what to say. Poor DH has had to tell everyone I'm asleep when they've rung but I think my mother in particular knows something's up... xxx
  • Options
    I am glad your DH is being a good comfort, I know from my experience that it can be quite hard for the man to do or say the right things in these circumstances!

I don't blame you for not being ready to tell people, try not to even worry about that side of things until you have had a few days to get your own head around it. You are the important one here and you are perfectly entitled to be a little bit selfish at the moment and put yourself first. Its what I keep saying to hubby, I have to be a bit more selfish than normal at the moment!! Maybe you could confide in your mum first, is she supportive usually?

Lots of love xx
  • Options
    Thanks Magpie - thinking about it now I think I might explain what's been going on to my mother and sister. I may leave my father out of it until I'm feeling a bit stronger cos it'll be gossip once his girlfriend knows. And strangely enough she's the only one who pressures us to have children.....!
    Speak soon lovely xx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your news Mrs Robson!
    I'm glad DH is being so supportive for you, remember we are always here if you need to let off steam xx WBAM xx
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that MrsR it mus have been a shock.

I think it's a good idea to confide in your sister and mum- if you want to buy a bit more time maybe you could say you haven't had the results yet whilst you think about how to tell them.

On the postitive side, I suppose at least ivf will help to take out some of the guess work as to when, how etc and give you some more control to get a bfp.

Are they referring you yet? Sending you hugs and support xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Hope and WBAM - I actually feel a lot more together now about the whole thing and I'm happier that my mother and sister know now and that it's out in the open. My Dad and girlfriend rang last night but I can't talk to them about it yet - she means well but will just turn my news into gossip so as far as they know I'm just recovering from surgery.
    I'm gonna have a follow up appointment with my consultant next Monday and then hopefully I'll find out more about when I might be likelt to start IVF and so on. I've already written down a long list of questions and that's likely to get longer and longer....
    It's weird cos when things like this happen it's a big shock but then your state of mind starts to adjust. IVF was always a last resort kind of thing that happens to other people. Now I'm looking at it as a source of hope and thinking how lucky we are to have this technology available to us and that I am actually very lucky to know now instead of more months or years down the line. And yes I will know exactly when to test, not drink etc..... It'll make a change from testing every week of my ridiculously long and unpredictable cycle 'just in case'. So I guess the actual IVF cycles will be super intense but the rest of the time I suppose I can relax and know that I'm not gonna have too much red wine and unknowingly pickle my unborn child. I'll also never have to worry about contraception later on if we do manage to have a family and want to stop.
    Thanks so much for your support - it's really been in immense comfort to me the last few days.
    Hope things are well with you guys xxx
  • Options
    Glad you've got some females to talk to I think they can sometimes understand the whole longing and biological clock thing from a different perspective to dh's. I don't blame you for not telling your dad and his oh and I would keep it that way if you have any doubts.

Glad to hear you're getting to see the consultant quickly and good for you ask all those q's instead of coming away with more (like I usually do haha).

I know what you mean how we are almost trained to think of ivf as a last result but that's probably because it's one of the most effective and expensive so the consultants want us to think that. You're right I would take back your life and build up your energy and strength for the ivf process and hopefully one bfp (or even two haha). I' imagine they will look to give you a medicated cycle- they basically put your body into a sort-of temporary menopausal state with hormones so they can control your hormonelevels themselves.

Feel free to rant, let off steam, ask questions. I'm just glad to hear they are starting to help move things forward for you. I've been thinking about you and it sounds like you're doing really well. xxx
  • Options
    Mrs Robson, just read your news. It must have been a massive shock, but you really sound like you are a very strong, determined girl and I'm sure you will get there. It's a good point you make about actually knowing where you are without wondering all the time whether you are going to be wondering could I be every day for months and months.

Sometimes other people knowing or guessing is another complication you really don't need, but sometimes it's a great comfort.

I just wanted to give you a big hug and wish you loads of luck xx
  • Options
    Hope - thanks for positivity and yes it really does help to be able to talk to other females - including you guys on here - I really don't know where I'd be without BE - sad but true!!

StarryNu - thanks for the hug and the luck - I will be putting both to good use!!

Getting stuck into my IVF books now and trying to learn as much as I can. My consultant won't know what's hit him on Monday!

Thanks for everything girls xxx
  • Options
    Haha go for it! I know what you mean BE is part of my life- it's good to have friends in the same 'place' xx
  • Options
    Heheh - strange but true - I never thought I'd be into all this virtual stuff but I wouldn't be without it! xx
  • Options
    Feeling sad again after all that new found positivity. Had my post-op follow up appointment this evening and my consultant said I'm looking a wait of up to 18 months to start IVF unless I go private. A few short months ago we'd have been in a situation to do that but as of this month mine is the only income and we've ploughed all our savings into starting my husband's business.
    Raaaaaaaa!!!!!!
    H xxx