Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid turned me into the devil...

it really did. My husband feared for my sanity at times. We only did one cycle and due to my awful behaviour whist taking it we didn't even have sex at the right time. Can't blame poor husband though.

It really did make me angry and irrational and I knew it but couldn't control it.

We need to give this a fair shot and try a 3 month cycle of Clomid but we don't know if we could manage it with what it made me like. Anyone else experienced this when taking Clomid?

Replies

• Options
    Lovely shoe!!!!

I am sat nodding my head in agreement- I am on cycle 5 now -only one go left image

Can honestly say that the agression I feel is quite overwhelming at times.......I confess to following a car, after the driver threw a cigarette packet out of the window, but I was going to end up late for work so halted the chase!!! Not sure what I would have done had he stopped on the way- I felt like I couls actually hit him :-O

Thats an extreme example of my case, but yes, I do agree that Clomid turns you into a mentalist when you leave expect it!!!

Good luck SG

Emma xx
  • Options
    YAY, so im not the only nut job out there, haha (no offence girls!) But i had 6 months of PURE HELL on Clomid. No one understood just how bad i was feeling, it felt like i had a personality transplant, and i am SO glad i am off them now. My husband just couldn't understand how i felt so bad.

6 months, i ovulated twice. SO NOT WORTH the side effects, but i suppose we have to try anything to get what we want.

I am going onto the injections next and i am a bit nervous about these too, but my nurse said they aren't as bad as Clomid.

Phew!!!!!
  • Options
    Well that's really interesting, cos I thought that after this (my 6th cycle of clomid) I would be straight on with IVF AGAIN! But I think it might have been your thread earlier talking about "Gonal F"? I wonder if that would do for me too- does it do a similar thing to clomid?

PS- although the last shot at clomid, I can't wait to come off the stuff!!!

Emma x
  • Options
    OMG!! Clomid turned me into a hormonal raging lunatic. The slightest thing would set me off. But luckily my husband is so understanding. When I would fly off the handle my poor husband would just hug me and tell me how much he loved me, which only made me madderimage lol
  • Options

Oh Dear,

im about to start Clomid next week as soon as my cycle arrives and im dreading it now, im a raging luni even when i just have a normal period.... fingers crossed i hope i dont drive my partner insane image

x