Forum home Babies Postnatal depression
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

do i have pnd

hi girls my little boy was born 3 weeks ago at 31 weeks he was in intensive care for a few days then moved to special care i had to have a c section and i now have an infection inside not on wound whcih my doc has prescribed antibiotics for sometimes i just wanna sit and cry sometomes i wanna just curl up and sleep til this nightmare is over and i can bring my little boy home i hate going to hospital to see him and im scared my infection wont clear up and i will end up back in hospital myself i know people go through alot worse then myself my little boy is progressing well and no major probs with him but i just feel down about everything that is going on at the minute it just seems things start to look up and then i go and get an infection sorry to rant but i just needed to tell someone.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    oh hun im so sorry to hear that u r going threw a bad time at the moment but im glad ur lil boy is making good progress. no wonder you are feeling very down at the moment. if you are worried about pnd i would talk to your hv/mv or gp. How much did ur lo weigh and what did you call him? remember we are always here to chat with. the girlies on the baby forum are fantastic and so supportive. you should come introduce urself sometime! im always on there!xxxx
  • Options
    Babes, you've had it rough. It may not be pnd or the baby blues. It may be because your tired, anxious and feel upset by it not all going to plan. The main thing to do is say something to someone. now sit by yourself and say out loud "I am a fantastic bloody mum and I am proud of my baby". Say this 10 times and you'll probably find you will feel better, apart from your infection that is, which should be better soon. I hope your lo continues to progress and you get him home soon.xxxx