Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

lo fighting sleep during the day

My lo seems to be fighting her sleep for the last few days. She is so tired during the day but will fight so much not to sleep. She is 15 weeks old. She gets so tired that she gets grumpy and eventually falls aleep at night. around 9pm She fought her sleep that much yesterday that when she went to bed last night at 9pm she didn't wake up until 6.40am for a feed. She usually has a feed around 10 or 11pm and sleeps to approx 6am but slept alot longer last night. She felt great this morning and was in great form. After her feed this morning she slept until 11am and throughtout the day when I knew she wanted a cat nap she fought it. I took her out in the pram yesterday and she always sleeps in the pram but she lay awake the whole time and everytime she started nodding off she opened her eyes wider lol

I know there is nothing wrong with her and that she should be more alert during the day which she is but at the same time I don't want her to be fighting her sleep as its horrible on her. Maybe she is just nosey like her mother and just wants to see and hear al the gossip lol.

Has anyone else found this with their lo?

Replies

• Options
    Hiya my lo was very similar he didn't sleep at all during the day, 5 mins here and there, and he was sleeping for 14 hours, it was great but i knew i would pay for it lol - he is now 7 month, sleeps well through the day now (in his pram) goes to bed at 7 and wakens at 3am for a change and feed!
  • Options
    Hi Nashy,

My lo has started to fight sleep, he's 16 weeks now. I find putting the tv on helps, it's as if he doesn't want to be alone!

Denise xx
  • Options
    At least someone is the same as me. I felt great today after near enough a full nights sleep last night. Long may the nights sleep last.

Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    My youngest twin (25 weeks/17 weeks corrected age) has started doing the same. She hates being put down although you can see she is tired. She may eventually drop off for a nap (20 minutes at most). This morning I had to wake her at 8am!!!
  • Options
    my lo does this too. hes 12 weeks old and never wants to sleep. hes cranky all the time..i hope he grows out of it soon imageops: