Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

so exhausted i feel sick *update - GP*

Hey girls - i feel guilty posting this really as i know its probably nothing in the grand scheme of things and it could be a lot worse.
I dont think its because of lack of sleep because i go tto bed early to compensate gettong up during the night and i feel i should be able to cope with a nice easy baby like amber who only wakes up at 2 and 4am most of the time - but the scary thing is - Im finding it hard to cope.

Im just soooo exhausted my head hurts i feel sick i find it hard to think straight - i just dont know whats wrong or if its normal and i should just try and work with it, I see other people coping with much more demanding babies and it makes me feel useless for feeling so tired with Amber who is just lovely.

so today dh took Amber to her grans for the day on the way to work and told me to go to the drs, maybe im still aanemic or something - or maybe i just need to pull myself together!

xx

[Modified by: Amber-Lou's-Mum on 26 March 2010 15:38:30 ]

Replies

• Options
    Morning

I defo agree with your OH, go see your doctor. I know how you feel about being tired, exhausted etc. Jack was getting up between 12am & 4am but now hes sleeping through till at least 5.30am with hearing a peep. He has a 9oz bottle for his bedtime bottle so I think that helps him.

could you maybe have a touch of PND? im probably way off but you say your finding it hard to cope. Better to get checked out.

Enjoy your day to yourself while amber gets spoiled at her grans. Take the time to rest, have a bath, some nice lunch etc anything that makes you relax & re charge

Hope you feel better soon & your a fab mummy

Stacey
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Sounds like anaemia could be on the cards, definitely get the doc to check you out. I think it's more common than people realise, even months after birth. I'm sure I read somewhere that it takes about a year for your body's vitamins and minerals to be fully replenished from pregnancy, but I could be making that up I'm v tired too!!! Also make sure you're drinking enough water, I'm a terrible one for not keeping hydrated enough because on bad days I'd rather just sleep so I don't have to be awake through itimage

Don't worry about seeing other people coping with 'more demanding' babies - I'm a firm believer that actually, all babies are demanding whether it's in sleep terms or something else. It's knackering looking after a baby, because it's not the only thing you have to focus on. I'm sat here having a break because if I don't I'll go mad - been up since half six tidying up, expressing, making hubby get up, just doing little things that make me put off sitting down and drinking a cup of tea, never mind eating breakfast! I'm so tired I scalded my arm over the kettle steam when I was putting the tea cosy on the pot, it's f-ing painful too!

Sorry, off on tangent about myself - bad Emily! Definitely see the doc if you can, make sure the sleep you're getting is decent sleep. If you don't mind me asking, do you have nightmares often? That can be a sign of anxiety, and it won't be helping you if you're tired anyway, it'll make you more tired if your sleep isn't restful. I know it's way easier said than done, but have a relaxing bath, put on cosy slippers and pjs, read a book or something, just try and wind down before bed if you can and hopefully the sleep you have will be really good quality.

I've totally rambled, sorry, my arm's a bit distracting. Stupid woman, aren't I?!

Em x x x
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't want to make anyone else sound like they're making a fuss over nothing with their demanding baby - I didn't mean to sound flippant, I really hope I didn't, sorry everyone!
  • Options
    Yeah im always busy every day - and Im not used to the amount of other stuff that needs doing on top of it - its like how are you supposed to juggle having a life with running a house - if I have some free time - im cooking or cleaning and yet i still dont have a presentable house - its just impossible! I love Amber shes the easy bit and what i signed up4 for being a mum, but I hate cleaning, i hate being a slave to the house and I can't keep on top of it all, though sometimes i think i just dont try! But you cant ignore it for long when you have a baby - i love the mum bit im just not cut out to run a house! Sounds crazy doesnt it? Id much rather be out and about with Amber than at home lol!

Jacksmummy - Im not sure its pnd, i have had depression before a few yrs back and I dont feel the same in that i love going out and look forward to things. I might be wrong - ill ask the dr but maybe its just a rough few days.

Ive always been someone who needs my sleep - maybe im just unable to cope with so much broken sleep when its easier for others?

Xx
  • Options
    Exhaustion here too! Up every hour through the night to settle Freddie, not sure where the baby boy who was sleeping from 830 til 4 went?!

Have decided on days like this the only thing for it is to abandon housework (and hope we don't have visitors) and to chill, try and get the essentials done while Freddie naps eg feed cats and self

This afternoon we'll be out for some fresh air even if I have to drag my huge behind out!!

The feeling sick sounds more than just plain tired, worth getting it checked out chick, enjoy your day and look forward to those big smiles tonight when Amber comes home

xx
  • Options
    Go to the docs, I am getting a full nights sleep but I am still so exhausted during the day, I always had problems with over-active thyroid but I know when I was pregnant it went under-active so I had to get it checked again today but I know pregnancy can throw off the thyroid gland so I would just go and get double checked incase it is that or anameia or just tiredness xxxx
  • Options
    in a very sleep deprived state i set fire to our kitchen this week - toby got his first ride in a fire engine!

Def go to docs hun - just getting checked over will ease your mind x
  • Options
    Just got back from the Dr's - the GP took me seriously thanks goodness - considering I pretty much said Im so tired Im feeling sick.

She asked me a few specific questions - things which I just didnt pick up on. Last few weeks Ive had some diarrhoea, my bladder has been hurting and I still need to pee lots during the night like when I was preg - I guess Im just so used to it. Also - my Asthma's been a lot worse, which I just didnt pick up on - I just use my inhaler and get on with things!

She checked my tummy - which was very tender and my bladder which was tender and she said the glands in my neck are enlarged.

So she thinks Ive got a Urinary Tract Infection and a tummy bug and may have glandular fever aswell as being tired from broken nights sleeps.

Im having bloods and urine checked for glandular fever the UTI and also Glucose, Us and Es, LFTs, Anaemia and Thyroid - Rosapenny, yeah she said it could be hypothyroidism after pregnancy

So Im kind of relieved to know it's not just me being useless and just a big old grump!! lol

I cant believe I didnt notice I was getting more and more run down - you just tend to get on with things when you have a bairn until it gets really bad :lol:

Thanks girls for the advice - Im off to bed now I know Im not just being lazy haha

xax
  • Options
    Glad you're being tested. Life does not sound easy at the mo, and will a UTI, it would be even harder! Hope things get sorted soon.

Take it easy (if you can!!)

Em x
  • Options
    Glad to hear they are at least testing you for different things, hope they find out soon and then you can get yourself sorted xxx
  • Options
    Good that you'r getting some tests done.. Hope you start feeling better once they get to the bottom of things x