Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are the pregnant marchie mummies?

Just wondered how you were all doing-what dates are you due, any morning sickness? I bet you're all blooming! I'm getting broodier by the second despite me saying I may only have max ! Would be lovely to hear how you all are xx

Replies

• Options
    Well girls, I'm shattered!! Amelia is running around everywhere and all I want to do is sleep!!! I'm about 7 weeks and at that horrible feeling sicky stage but hoping that will pass soon. I've had a few wobbles since finding out, stressing about how I cope (bit late for that now!!) but there are plenty of people who cope with 2 little ones. Hopefully will feel better once hit 2nd trimester.
  • Options
    hi, i'm doing ok really...had a a bit of a scare with bleedingw hic led to a early scan last sunday, where they cldn't see anything except the sac and dated me at only 5weeks, which meant i absically found out the day i concieved,s o that was rather worrying, had a follow up scan today and they've now put me at 7 weeks,w hcih is much mor elike it (lmp is 8weeks) and saw the little heartbeat which was a huge relief, although i am still bleeding, but they can't see where its from, atm its brown, but they said if it comes back pink again to get another scan, and equally if i' still bleeidng brown in a week then to book another scan...not feeling sicky or anything, definately gone off certain tyoes of foods tho, the thought of mash jsut bleurgh, and suasages too...got a bit of a taste for that shandy bass tho, which is a bit odd as not had that since i was about 11 lol, oh and although i'm nto feling nauseus (i didn't with Austin either) but every morning when i first wake up i have a 'dodgy tummy' so my morning sickness appears to have manifested itself at the other end lol (sry tmi)...i'm getting excited about it now, think today's scan has helped that cos the past week its a been a struggle just to stay sane lol....feeling a bit tired too, but nothing the odd afternoon nap when ds has his hasn't cured lol...hadn't really been worrying about having two lo's, but mainly cos i hadn't thought about it (lol), but now pumbacat has mentioned, hmmm. i'm sure we'll be fine though, austin'll be 21months so far more independent than he is atm, thats the tricky bit, when i imagine life after no2, i still picture having a newborn and austin being the same as he is now, which obviously he won't be. hoping i'll be lucky again this time and bypass the sickness, which so far seems likely (phew), although now i've said that u wtach me turn green lol...not sure really what my edd is now tho...lp is 7th december but by today's scan i'm the 12th i think. xxx
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so glad the scan went well, WoW Baby! image Hope you stop bleeding soon and everything goes swimmingly from here on in.

Sorry you aren't feeling to good, pumbacat. I hope it passes soon. A friend of mine who is 12 weeks pregnant with her second (and her first is 2 months younger than Peter! image) says hers switched off like a light this week, so hopefully it is the same with you.

I am soooo jealous of you all. I am hopelessly broody but can't start trying again for months yet. Still, I have a house to find, a book to write and a funding application to finish between now and then, so probably all for the best. image

Best of luck to all the pregnant March mummies. Do let us know how you are getting on.
  • Options
    WoW Baby, I'm so pleased your second scan went well. A friend of mine told me that they actually can't always date totally accurately until 12 weeks because tiny changes in size can mean so much. Hope everything continues smoothly image

Like you pumbacat - I'm utterly exhausted! I've been sleeping for England. I find it hard to cope with getting up with Freya, and then staying up for the rest of the day. Fortunetly work has been flexible so I've been managaing. My morning sickness seems to be a bit better, which is a relief. I have my scan tomorrow actually. My OH can't come though - I'm gutted. They had to squeese me in because the original date would have put me at 14 weeks + by the midwife's dates. But he was able to come to the early scan, and he'll be able to come to the next one. I'm still upset for me and him.

Now I need to get off and do some work!

xx
  • Options
    Good to hear how you're all getting on, Siany-sorry you're had a tough time so far,i hope everything settles down for you.

Fingers crossed the second trimester brings you all some extra energy!xx

• Options
    Im 19 weeks on Thursday, having my 20 week scan on Tuesday! image Ive felt much much better this time than when I was having Millie no sickness just a couple of weeks of nausea and being really tired in the beginning but I almost forget Im pregnant again sometimes this time!

Siany - hope the bleeding stops, its such a worrying thing but i've got a really strong feelng Im sure you'll be fine. image big hugs though! xxx

ally and Pumbacat - I hoe you start feeling bit more energetic soon its rubbish feeling crappy, especially with a LO to run round after! hugs xxx

I also have little panicy moments when I think about being on my own with a newborn and Millie as I really dont want her to feel left out or replaced as shes still my little baby really and I dont want her to suddenly feel she has to be a big girl if you know what I mean!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi ya everyone hope you haven't forgotten me, i certainly haven't forgotten you.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and i'm due 4th October. I've had some horrible times so far with bleeding and general stress. I bled at 6 weeks and had to have a scan then, then after my 12 week scan i bled for a week and a half and didn't tell anyone not even hubby so i was a complete nervous wreck. I finally told the midwife and she told me off in a nice way. I also bled at 16 weeks and had another scan then. They can't see where it's coming from and always say they'll be able to see more at the 20 week scan appointment (which i can't get yet coz they're fully booked - more stress).
    This pregnancy has been very different from the first. Spencer was so easy i had mild morning sickness but was never sick. This time i was throwing up left right and centre and i lost a stone. Thats all stoped now and my weights stayed the same for the last week.
    I have no idea how i'm going to cope with 2 but i just figure that spencer will still be too young to understand my stressy moments. I just hope he starts walking by then!

I say in general i've been a complete nervous wreck so far. Although i have to say sometimes i completly forget i'm pregnant coz i'm just too busy with Spencer.

I hope all gets better for you Siany and everything is ok with you other mummies

xxx
  • Options
    Its great to hear how everyone else is getting on. I do kind of forget I am nearly 17 weeks pg! All is going fine so far. No morning sickness, the tiredness has subsided and feel ok. I am convinced I am having another boy as they say girls make you worse. Old wives tale but hey, keeps me guessing. I have also been told that due to the rough delivery I had last time I can have a c section if I want. I have a huge dilema now. Any advice would be grateful??!! I have read loads on it but still not sure.
    Good luck everyone please keep in touch and I hope all the nasty side effects go really quickly. Hoping to hear of more little ones on the way soon xx
  • Options
    oh wow, there is a few of us then!..twinklestar, of course we haven't forgotten u, i know what u mean about forgetting ur preggers, its going so fast this time (nine weeks tomorrow already!) because don't really have the time to sit and soak it all up....i hope those of u whoe are feeling a little worse for wear start to feel better soon...MGMmummy, hope ur scan goes well, will u be finding out the sex or continue with a yellow bump?
    i've got anotehr early scan on tuesday (tomorrow)) as stillg etting some bleeidng so they wnat to see if they can figure out where its coming from...hadn't been worried about this scan until yesterday when it hit me that just cos everything was fine a week and half ago doesn't mean its gonna be fine now, driving myself a little bit crazy lol! its strange to read how some many of u arehaving a completely different pregnancy to the last time, everythings been much the same for me (barr the bleedng) so i'm seriously thinking i'm having another boy.
    littlep...i had an em c section last time, but i've decided that, unless soemthing crops up, i'll be trying for a vbac, the though scares the poo out of me but i wanna give it a go, but i will be putting my foot down more this time, i'm not gonna be tied to a monitor on the bed the whole time, i will make sure i'm mobile lol! and i'll consider having the gels if needed inducing again, but noway will i have the drip (alhtough i hear they are reluctant to give that anyway due to scar rupture)...i think last time i was quite naive about the whole birth thing, even though i read loads of the bad stuff and tried to take it on board, i still deep down thought 'that'll never happen to me' and i let the mws lead me rather than listening to my body,, i'm also not going to 'let them' leave me for 24hours between gels, if they're not gonna work i want it over and done with lol, they can do them every 6 hours which means it'll be max of 36 hours from first one to knowing if its not working, where as last time it was 4 days. one of my main reasons for trying for a vabc tho is being due so close to xmas i don't want to run the risk of being stuck in hospital recovering and missing austin's first 'proper' xmas, i know he had last yr but think he'll be much more into it this year and less about the wrapping paper lol. i think ur best bet is to weigh up ur pros and cons of each one, i mean u could always say that u'ld like to try a vaginal birth but if ur still waiting at full term, or 10 days over (u pick) then u'd like to be booked in for a section. i ahve also heard that elective sections have a quicker and easier recovery period as u don't have the exhaustion of labour and ur emotionally prepared for it too, so some ladies are home after 2nights anyway, where as i was in for 4 xx
  • Options
    I am 12 weeks tomorrow and am just starting to feel better. I am still knackered and if I am up past 9.30pm it's rare! I try to rest n the day or come bath/bedtime for Ollie I can't cope!

I am huge already!

I have the same issue as you wow baby with the morning bowel issues!
  • Options
    Hugs Gem! Of course we haven't forgotten you-you know where we are if you're feeling stressy and need somewhere to offload! I really hope you can relax soon.

Glad to hear everyones doing ok, pregnancy seems a life time ago now-it's funny hearing all your symptoms,id forgotten how much you have to go through xx