Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Good Book?

Hi
I want to buy a pregnancy book which has everything in it; from conceiving to giving birth. Can anyone recommend a good one please?
Thanks
Kelly x

Replies

• Options
    this wont help but they give you a really good one when u are pregnant! at ur first check up! lol xjen
  • Options
    Lol Jen. Thanks for letting me know. I want to get a good one that both me and my husband can look at together. I know there's lots of info on the internet but he's not good at computers and I think he would rather look at a book. Thanks, Kel x
  • Options
    Hi hun, here's a link to the DoH website where you can download a free copy of the NHS pregnancy book if you want to take a peek!

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_107302

I can also recommend Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Miriam Stoppard. Lots of info on what happens with your body pre-conception. xx
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs R. I'll have a look at that. I'm so excited, this is my first month so I'm trying to get everything I can to help lol x
  • Options
    Miriam stoppard is very good, I enjoyed the rough guide to pregnancy and birth when i was expecting DS, has a bit about conception in it...Libary is a good place to try lots of different ones to find one you like, then maybe purchase that one? xx
  • Options
    Yeah that's a good idea. Thanks x
  • Options
    Thank you Voyager.
    I ordered 'Conception, Pregnancy and Birth: The Childbirth Bible for Today's Parents' by Miriam Stoppard. The problem is when it arrives I'll want to read it all but I have a 4000 word essay to submit soon and I need to get on with it lol!!
    Thanks for the advice ladies x
  • Options
    Thanks Wanna-Bump.
    I have just ordered it lol!! I'm a bit of a book addict!! x
  • Options
    Thanks Susiee - I'll have a look at those as well x