Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tell me what your babies are eating and when!

I just want an idea of what meals they are having now and at what times.

So far Jen is having a breakfast of fruit puree, sometimes with some babyrice or rusk crumbled in, and a bit of buttery toast to chew on. Lunch is something with protein, tofu with veg or fruit, cottage cheese with veg or lentil stew, and dinner is veg puree and a yog. she eats at around 8am, 12-1, and 5-6pm.

Thanks!

Em xx

Replies

• Options
    Olivia starts the morning usually around 9am with a bowl of porridge and some fruit pureed into it along with a bottle.
    Lunch is around 12.30pm she has pureed fruit, a yougurt, a slice of cheese and a plum range pomegranate biscuit (most of which ends up on the floor :lolimage
    Dinner usually around 4pm and she has some pureed vegetables sometimes mixed with a little meat and some baby pasta and a bottle
    Then around 7.30pm she gets her bedtime bottle.
  • Options
    7.30am milk
    8am breakfast - porridge (self feeds) crumpet with marmite (about a baby bite) toast with jam (baby bite) 3 spoons of yoghurt

11am milk

12.30pm bread soldiers with hummous (about a quarter of a slice of bread) 1/2 jar (lazy mummy) (self feeds) 3 spoons of yoghurt apple rice cake

4pm milk

5.30pm - 1/2 jar - slice of backed potato - slice of carrot - brocolli floret (he just sucks and eats small amount of finder food - rice pudding or egg custard. Toby feeds himself and when he has had enough he pulls his bib off!! Since self feeding his weight has stayed the same so he is levelling out - though we went to a music class today and toby was the yongest but looked the eldest he is sooooo tall!

6.30pm milk

bath

goodnight milk

hth x
  • Options
    Heya

LO has

7am breast
    8am breaskfast- porridge with fruit
    10am breast
    11.15 lunch- veg puree- now introducing proteins like cheesy sauce, lentils, egg etc (havent tried meat or fish though- like the idea of tofu as someone suggested)
    (she then has a two hour nap)
    2pm - breast
    5pm- dinner- Veg or fruit- introducing finger foods- has a yoghurt
    6pm - breast (i always do this in her room after bath to avoid any distractions- i dont let anyone other than OH in room although he usually isnt home from work anyway)

thats it!

xx
  • Options
    7am - either heinz porridge or weetabix cup of water

10am 6oz milk

1pm - fruit puree/veg puree fromage frais and i put bread and butter on highchair, baby biscuits etc for her to try and eat cup of water

4pm - 6oz bottle

5-530pm has what we have spag bol, roast, cheesy mash etc etc etc i could all food from scratch as ds1 is allergic to alot of ingredients so easier to make own.cup of water

7pm - 6oz bottle
  • Options
    Thanks! Ive noticed that Jen has a lot more milk than everyone else. She still has 2 feeds at night (one boob at a time) both boobs in the morning, a feed from each during the day then an afternoon feed and a bedtime feed.

Eeeks!!! double what most of you have said!!
  • Options
    Freddie still has a lot of boob too - he's turning into a total boobaholic. He still feeds at night too - sometimes once sometimes twice. My attempt at mix feeding is becoming laughably more disastrous by the day. Today he totally refused the bottle - EBM and Aptamil and cried until he got boob. I'm starting to worry about him starting nursery in August ....
  • Options
    Well don't worry bout the milk cause so far my son has refused all food apart from milk and has been spurning bottle as well. I cannot get him to eat anything image so apart from bf can't share my schedule. x
  • Options
    ah, evab1, you sound stressed. How long have you been trying to wean? Have you spoken to you HV?
  • Options
    Been trying for nearly 3 weeks. He is taking little licks at spoon only if he holds it and this is only once a day if we're lucky. I did weaning easy peasy with first lo and so surprised this time round at how much he hates food. Was thinking of going to see hv on friday at drop in. Altho don't let this make you think he is a skinny thing. He is at least 18 lbs. On the plus side tonight he has for the first time ever slept in his cot on his own for 4 hours!!!!!!! Amazing. Thanks for asking image x
  • Options
    wow! Sleeping bliss! We get better and wose and better and worse. I never know what the night will bring! These little darlings eh?! just keeping us on our toes....