Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First period?

I don't know whether I need to be directing this at the c-section girls or whether it's the same for all of us...?

I bled for about 3 weeks after and then had about 4 or 5 days pretty much clear but have started bleeding again today. Just wondering whether this is still from the birth or whether this is my first period?

Any ideas? What's happening with your menstrual cycles? C'mon, after the last month or so you know there are no secrets between us! :lol:

K x

Replies

• Options
    This happened to me after my c section with DD1 and I thought it was my period but then didn't have another until 4 months later so in retrospect it was prob just a final bit of lochia. I was bfing though which tends to hold your periods off a bit so if you're not expressing anymore it could have triggered your cycle.. Xx
  • Options
    Ps - am still lightly bleeding after natural birth so it def stops earlier after a c section. X
  • Options
    I had something similar, I bled for 2 weeks, then stopped for 2 days then started bleeding again for another 2 weeks then stopped for a few more days then spotted up until lo was nearly 6 weeks old. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was not to have to wear sanitary towels once i'd stopped properly image
  • Options
    I'm having the same thing too. After dd1 I'm pretty sure I was bleeding fairly continually for six weeks. This time it almost stopped completely at 2 weeks, then totally at 3 then started again at 4 weeks.

I think it's probably lochia as it can come and go as we do more or little. Plus as Feebs said the expressing or lack of it could trigger off some more.
    xx
  • Options
    Sorry can't be of any help. I'm still bleeding every day and Amelia is now 7 weeks and 2 days old. I have to go and see the hospital next week to check they didn't leave anything behind in my womb.
  • Options
    This happened with me too though I'm not a c-sectioner, bled for a couple of weeks, then stopped for almost a week and then started bleeding again for a couple of weeks. Benjamin is 6 and a half weeks and I stopped about a week ago altogether (though still get the odd speck!). I wondered when I restarted bleeding if it was a period but I don't think it was xxx
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It's tailed off again so I don't think it's a period x