Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long between IVF attempts?

Just a quick question:

If (heaven forbid) we're not lucky on the first IVF / ICSI cycle how long do they make you wait before you can try again?

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, I just like to have all scenarios in my head

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

I asked this exact question a few weeks ago...
    If you have a failed cycle you normally have to wait until you have had a natural period so no more than a month or two.

Love TW xxx
  • Options
    hi - we had private treatment and had to wait 3 months - couldn't do it any earlier. that time does fly though and to be honest, I needed it.
  • Options
    You normally have to wait for one natural cycle before trying again which can be a different length of time for everyone. Think the average is 2-3 months but it took me 5 months to get a natural cycle again after our first attempt.

Fingers crossed it'll work first time for you and you won't have to think about this anyway x
  • Options
    Unfortunately we were told when we did our ICSI cycle in March (it wasn't successful) that NHS guidelines now state at least 6 months between fresh cycles. We will be allowed to do another fresh cycle in October.