Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 bottles

well we are now a 2 bottle a day house we've had a few appointments with various people and we now just offer Alyssa her morning bottle she takes 2oz max then her bedtime bottle when she takes 6oz on a good night.
Forcing her the milk when she would just not want it was upsetting me so much and was making her reflux a whole lot worse.

So for the last week we have given her just the 2 and when she has had enough we stop i put about 5oz on her breakfast so that makes me feel a little better, what a joy the last few days have been though not force feeding my daughter!!!

Just wanted to share that i am a happier mummy with a happier baby image

A relieved Clair and a much happier Alyssa

xx

Replies

• Options
    thats great news, its so not worth fighting it if its upsetting you both, she having a resonable amount with having it in her brekkie image
  • Options
    ive been in a similar situation as trying to get hannah off the boobs has been hard. i was trying to replace 4 of her 6 breastfeeds with bottles- me feeding morning and night -but it was awful. she screamed and screamed as she resisted. so i left it til i knew she must be starving and she took a full 6 oz without any problem. and only has two bottles and two bf. so although down two feeds she is much happier

pleased its gotbetter for u too!
  • Options
    I've pretty much taken Emilie down to 2 bottles this last week to see if stops her throwing up. She was never demanding her 3pm bottle and was taking ages over it so we just brought her 11am one to 12 noon and dropped the 3pm one!

She has 5oz on her porridge in the morning too the same as Alyssa.

Seems to be working well so far! x x
  • Options
    Glad things are going well and you're both much happier now! xx
  • Options
    We are a 2 bottle house now too. Sebastian has 4oz in a morning then I put 3-4oz on his cereal and then he has between 5-8 oz before bed (I try and perservere towards the 8 oz here as he sleeps longer). I was a bit worried that he was a bit young for just 2 bottles but he has cheese, yogs and milk in his food and the HV was happy enough so that's good enough for me. I think he just really likes his food and he really likes lumps and finger foods so I think he just treats milk like a drink now. Thing is you can't force them to drink something they don't want can you. Sebastian will just clamp his mouth shut and nothing is going in there if he doesn't want it.

On a selfish note, it makes things easier for me as only have to take food when we're going out during the day not a bottle as well.

Glad you are all well and happier for it.
  • Options
    Well done Clair for persevering as long as you have!! Its horrible trying to feed a baby who doesnt want their milk, for whatever reason.

I am going to chat to my piediatrician (SP??) on the 2nd about dropping Emilia's 3pm bottle. She doesn't want it and just shouts at me till I give up. I have tried putting it in a beaker but she just throws it everywhere! Like mummypiglet said, I think they have come to think of milk like a drink rather than food. Plus as I said to you before, if it hurts their tummies then I dont blame them not wanting it.

Glad you now have a happy house - you can see from your pics that Alyssa is obviously thriving.

xx