Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Aptamil Comfort

Hi All does anyone know if I have to consult the Health Visitor before switching to Aptamil Comfort formular? My LO has terrible wind and now colic!!!

Thanks
Nicky + Evan 5weeks 5days

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I don't know about having to tell your HV but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I too was thinking about switching to aptimal comfort! What are you on at the moment?

Becky and Eve (4weeks 1day)
    Xxx
  • Options
    I know Faithie switched and said it was a big help. I personally don't think you need to ask. I'm using Aptimil 1, and was going to change, but have started winding half way through a feed, and seems to help Max. Although he is only 19 days, so not sure if he will develop in the future as I know DS1 got worse around 4 weeks. x x x
  • Options
    Ahhhhh i may have found out why Evan sucks his hands an demands feeding more, colic makes them feel hungry an so does wind so ethis maybe why he wants to feed but read what i put on ur other post ''demand feeding'' image x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, we had a better night last nite using gripe water Evan managed 6oz at 10:15pm then slept though until 2:50am which was amazing, I'm going to have a chat with the HV on wednesday before I change his milk and see what she says, it may have helped that we were also winding him after every oz he took as well so there wasnt a build up of air in his tummy. Thanks ladies, I'll keep you posted on what the HV says - we're using SMA First Infant Milk at the mo

[Modified by: Nicky1976 on September 12, 2010 10:30 AM]

• Options
    hiya - im not sure about this either but as said on my other posts have had anightmare weekend and had to see GP and speak to NHS direct , they told me not to change to hungry milk as its hard to digest but i never mentioned the comfort stuff , didnt realise colic made them think they were hungry tho - if i had known this may have ignored the advice i was given to keep feeding my LO - which resulted in him throwing his whole feed back as he guzzled too much ....... keep us posted if anyone speaks to their HV x
  • Options
    Hiya, I changed to aptimil comfort without asking the hv. I felt my daughter was struggling with normal aptimil and kept bringing it up. On first use of comfort she was so much better. I'll mention to hv when I see her next that I've changed but I wasn't going to wait until I saw her as i feel I know my daughter best. Also they wouldn't sell it if it was dangerous to give them
    xx
  • Options
    I think its only the hungry milk that says on the box that you should check with a health care proffessional as its a stage 2 milk which my hv says is closer to cows milk than breast milk. Comfort milks are stage 1 milks which are closest to breast milk. I didn't ask my hv if I could change to comfort - it just didn't occur to me but I did let her know and she told me that it was one of the best milks on the market.
  • Options
    Ruby~Rae was terribly constipated with the Aptimil 1 so I swapped her over and she is doing much better.
  • Options
    Hi all, I swapped Jack onto this milk as I thought he had colic. He was awful on it, his wind was constant and the smell was enough to make you pass out and he was pooing like no tomorrow, I have since changed him onto SMA and he is now a happy little baby which makes for a happy mummy! x
  • Options
    Hi all, I swapped Jack onto this milk as I thought he had colic. He was awful on it, his wind was constant and the smell was enough to make you pass out and he was pooing like no tomorrow, I have since changed him onto SMA and he is now a happy little baby which makes for a happy mummy! x