Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Names

Has anyone decided on there babies name yet, we have now narrowed it down baby boy wil either be

Theo Oscar (front runner)

Oscar Theo

Riley Oscar

xxx

hubby has picked the name so we now have a Theo Oscar Booth!!! xx

Replies

• Options
    Lovely names Funshineuk! Love Oscar!

We're having a boy too so our names are:

- Austin

- Blake

- Freddie

- Finley

What do you lovely ladies think?

xx
  • Options
    i love love love freddie, my friends little boys called that so we couldnt have it, also like blake and finley. xx
  • Options
    Im not due until the end of June so wont find out the sex until 10th Feb but have already picked out my names.

Rebecca Danielle or Ryan Logan
  • Options
    We've picked ours it's Willow.

We've had mixed reviews so far but mainly 'oh' from the older generation (ie. grandparents and hubbys mom who is in her late 60's) but everyone else has loved it and i've wanted to use it for years so really pleased I can now image

but to be honest I dont really care what anyone else thinks, me and hubby love it so thats all that matters.

loving your guys names tho image
  • Options
    Absolutely adore Willow! Fab choice MrsS x
  • Options
    yeah definalty love willow beautiful name has she got a middle name? xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies image

We were thinking something like Mae or Rose but not 100% sure yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed tho

xx
  • Options
    I think willow rose sound beautiful. xx
  • Options
    My maiden name is casey and i love that name so if we have a girl we are going to call Kacey Marie (marie is my middle name) and we are thinking Robbie Erik (erik is after my hubby and his grandad) or Ben Arthur( Arthur is hubby's other Grandad) for boys so far lol. I already have 2 girls called Danielle Margaret After my granny) but we call her Elle for short and my other is Abi-jo Ellen,(jo is afetr my grandad and the ellen is after hubbys nan and the Abi is from the beatles Abbey road, hubby is a BIG fan)lol, sorry to go on just got excited and carried away, love all your names too guys xx
  • Options
    Oooh MrsS - I really like willow. That is a lovely name. I have a willow at school at the moment and she is really cute. Everyone loves the name. Like you said - only matters if you two like it.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE Lorelei but hubby doesn't. For us, it really comes down to one name but am so reluctant to announce it as a def or totally settle on it incase it makes me change my mind! We aren't telling any friends, though we have run it by both sets of parents (who like it!).
  • Options
    MrsEH - I was worried to tell people our name for the same reason as I love it so much I didn't want to spoil it but the more i use it and say it now the more I love it and people have started refering to her by her name as well which is even more lovely image not everyone knows it just yet tho, might try and keep it somewhat a secret however i'll probably end up dropping it out before she comes.

I'm really curious now as to what you've chosen lol! I really love the name Lorelei tho.
  • Options
    lovely names ladies love lorelei beautiful. xxx
  • Options
    Gorgeous names. Think we are looking at chloe foe a girl (hubby is so so picky) that was the only other name he liked when choosing a name for our daughter Leah.

We were looking at nathan or kyle for a boy but i've gone off them. Will deffo be having james as a middle name after both of our grandads x
  • Options
    Hehe...oh ok MrsS - you twisted my arm! Top of our list is Margot Beatrice. A world away from Lorelei funnily enough! Haha.
  • Options
    i think thats a lovely name Mrs EH. xx
  • Options
    Thank you funshine!! A few ppl have said it is quite hard for a little girl - but both hubby and I love it. Hubby has already nicknamed her his maggie pie! Hehe
  • Options
    image I love it MrsEH! it quite old fashioned and really sweet, i dont think it's a hard name for a little one at all image and bless your hubby thats so cute hehe!
  • Options
    I tend to go for old fashioned names! I find it so hard as a teacher to think up names - they all remind me of pupils. It is so exciting thinking of names though .. I keep imagining writing that first Christmas card!
  • Options
    For a boy we've chosen Logan but haven't got a middle name yet.

For a girl we were thinking Grace or Ruby, but today DS started saying Lola (from Charlie and Lola), and we jokingly said, shall we call the baby Lola if it's a girl, and he shouted Yes!!, then me and hubby realised we both actually really like it, so it's in the running...probably Lola Louise (after my mum).

Lovely names ladies!
  • Options
    I think lola is a really cute name! I've never taught a lola either - so not very common.