Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 week check-up

Hi girls. Hope everyone is ok?

I've got my 6 week check up tomorrow...but I got my first period this morning! Bad timing! Is it still worth me going for the appointment to check everything else and to have my little girl checked?

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Def still go Hun. As far as I know they don't do internal checks!! Been 6 years since my last one though!!

Our area do 8wk checks instead when baby has jabs!! I have mine on friday.

Hope it goes ok

Xx
  • Options
    yes...still go. As mjc says, they don't do internals unless you have a problem or specifically ask for it. I had mine a week ago and it took 2 minutes of simple questions, mainly about the baby and feeding, did I want contraception, and was I alright "down there".....end of appointment!

I didn't even take the baby with me as I thought, like you, it'd be all about me and nasty fingers in places I didn't want them! image
  • Options
    I was told by OH's sis that i would get an internal due to having a 3rd degree tear and forcepts delivery. Is that not done anymore? I need to book my appointment for next week sometime and its the thought of having an internal thats putting me off.

I would defo still go to the check up huni! Let us know how you get on and what happened!

XX
  • Options
    I think it's one of those things again hun where each area is different!! Lol!!

Mine is a half hour appointment which is 20 mins for me 10 for baby!!

Xx
  • Options
    not sure, Yla...I had a ventouse delivery but only one stitch, and didn't have an internal. Although, tbh, after the indignities of childbirth, a quick internal to check you're okay should be a walk in the park! x
  • Options
    Good point! I came on yesterday and I have my appointment Tuesday. Like Yla I had a 3rd degree tear so thought they may check everything as they havent checked the area at all since they actually did the stiching... not that I really want them to be having a good old poke around, I dont know about anybody else but I want my privacy back now!! :lol: I think I am going to go still and if they need to have a look they can blooming well wait! Hope yours goes well x
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I'll let you know how I get on. I had quite a lot of internal stitching so I think they will need to check that, maybe I can go back another time for that part. In our area they are really good, they made the appointment for me and sent me a letter with all my dates. The check tomorrow is 1/2 hour and both myself and Rebekah will be checked and they also made the appointment for her first jabs.

Regarding the first period - mine is rally, really heavy, I don't remember it being this bad after Joshua. Has anyone else found this?

• Options
    Hi hun, just wanted to echo the others. I had mine the other week and i was in and out in no time, no internal, despite being told off because it's been ten years since I last had a smear test oops, though don't know the drill though for if you had stitches. I was just asked if it hurt during sex!
  • Options
    Hi Girls, everything was fine. She asked if I had healed down there and said she could look if I wanted. I do have a little concern, but I wasn't comfortable with being examined whilst on my period. So I'll book an appointment for next week and have it checked then. She did ask about contraception, but I'm not sure which way to go yet.

Rebekah was fine, but I'm keeping an eye on a strawberry mark on her tummy. It has got bigger in the last week, but isn't bothering her, so I'm not worried. She did have a small bruise on her head, and the doctor asked if I had dropped her?! That then made me think maybe Joshua has been a bit over loving!