Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scared could be ectopic :(

Had a some really sharp pain on lower left side last night so called MW and left a message.

Woke up this morning not feeling sick, boobs didn't hurt just felt different.

Got a call backl from MW and she has booked me an emergency doc appointment for 3 oclock as they wouldn't give me one. Been told to ask doc if he can get me an emergency gynecologist appointment for a scan :cry:

I'm now so worried that my baby wont be where it's supposed to be I don't know what to do to keep myself calm :cry:

Im 11+3 so if it was ectopic would it not have ruptured by now? I don't really understand it to be honest.

I've also not had any bleeding and the pain is a lot less frequent now.

xx

Replies

• Options
    I think maybe the midwife is just asking you to go for a scan as a precaution. From what I've heard about ectopics, the pain is constant and really bad. Especially at this late a stage. I'm sure everything is fine sweet. Good Luck with getting a scan.

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    Really hope everything is ok, I'm sure it will be fine image
  • Options
    Thanks, I hope so Elle. I've got a little bump already so just got to keep my fingers crossed.

I'll keep you all posted when I get home later hopefully with scan pictures of my beany.

xx
  • Options
    hi steph, I think ellie is right - sounds like just a precaution, I think if it was ectopic you would not have reached this far along sweetie.

let us know how you get on, hopefully it is just strething pains, I have them bad at the mo!

• Options
    G/C from DIM, I had an ectopic last year and lost a tube if you haven't had any bleeding yet try not to panic and yes 11+3 is late I found out my baby was gone at 6 weeks and tube ruptured at 7+4 x
  • Options
    Hi all thank you for youe comments. The doctor was reluctant to give me an emergency appointment untill he read that I've had 3 MCs. He got me to do a urine sample (again) and I have a slight infection that he didn't give me anitbiotics for so can't be all bad.

Have an appointment for an early scan with emergency gynecologist at 11.40 tomorrow.

Doctor also said that he can't imagine that it's ectopic as I am between 11 and 12 weeks and haven't bleed at all.

So not as nervous now still slightly though and a little bit excited get to see our baby 5 days early think I'll cry no matter what the results haha. And Doctor said that they shouldn't cancel my original appointment for 12 week scan next week either so 2 appointments to see baby in a week image

xx
  • Options
    Glad all went well, will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow too image
  • Options
    ah lovely, pleased he confirmed it is unlikely to be ectopic.

enjoy seeing your baba, I have my 12 week scan tomorrow and cant wait having had two previous mcs, I am nervous and excited all rolled into one! x not seen baba for 3 weeks and hubby not seen baba for 5 so he is really looking forward to it.

x

look forward to your update x
  • Options
    thought I'd check back, glad you got the all clear ^_^ x

(altho, as you can tell I'm in DIM so it certainly didn't hold me back lols!) That first scan is magical enjoy it never gets old image
  • Options
    good luck tomorrow sure all will be fine x
  • Options
    I had sharp pains on my left side at 7 weeks and I went to A&E terrified that it was ectopic. The pain was really quite bad but I didnt have any shoulder tip pain which they said was a good sign. I also didnt have any morning sickness and my sore boobs stopped quite early on too. They scanned me but could only see a sac on the external ultrasound. They then gave me and internal and saw a tiny little prawn shaped object with a flickering little heart beat! The pain, it turned out, was the biggest pocket of trapped bowel gas the sonograper had ever seen!! It was so large it was pushing on my left ovary and causing the pain! I hope that your pain is something equally as non serious, although slightly less embarrasing xxx
  • Options
    I would think that you would have had some serious problems already if this was ectopic? Will be thinking of you, good luck!!! x
  • Options
    OMG it was amazing I started crying when I saw our baby throw his or her arm up.

At first she couldn't find the baby so made me panic a little bit but all is fine and healthy although our dates are now different. We're 10weeks and 4days so baby is now due on the 5th of December. Hope you ladies don't mind if i stick around here aswell though.

Got our nuchal scan still on Wednesday morning so only 5days to wait to see our baby again.

Still can't stop looking at our little christmas pud haha. I'll try and upload the picture.

This post is also in emergency gynea 11.40.

xxx
  • Options
    Aww glad all is well!!!! xxxx
  • Options
    http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/SRichens1989/baby%20pics/thisandthat137.jpg

Love my picture can't stop looking at image

xx
  • Options
    ah great news for you xxx
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support image

xx