Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

second midwife appt

Anyone had this yet? I've got mine this afternoon, at 14+6, and she said at my booking in appt (nearly 9 weeks ago, ages!) that we'll be listening to baby's heartbeat! Exciting stuff.

My friend had a baby yesterday and I have to say as soon as I saw a picture it made it way more real for me, weirdly! I haven't really felt very pregnant at all since I stopped feeling like crap all the time and now I just want time to hurry up and get this boring pregnant bit out of the way!

Replies

• Options
    Let us know how it goes, I've had a second midwife appointment but thats only because I've been classed as 'high risk' (only because I've a higher chance of little one having pataus) so was seen after my scan.

I've got two weeks still before the official second midwife appointment.
  • Options
    I'm REALLY hoping that we get to hear the bubba's heartbeat at our midwife appointment on Monday! I'll be 17 + 4 so rather later than I'd hoped for my '16 week appointmemt'!!

xxx
  • Options
    ah well we heard bub's heartbeat today so you should be fine! It was rather fleeting as the little bugger did a runner as soon as we found it, and it was harder to find because of my retroverted insides. She reckons that'll right itself within the next couple of weeks. No appt now for another ten weeks, apart from scan!
  • Options
    Hello,

We had second appointment today. She didn't listen for heartbeat as we've the next scan in 3 weeks. All ok, and very quick. It was very strange making appointments for September!!! Time is flying in. 17 weeks now so not far off half way. Eeeek.....

imageimage

Congrats on hearing baba's heartbeat, it must've been lovely.
  • Options
    Appts for September! Wow yeah that must've been odd. I just have to call in July to make my appt for 25 weeks. Now willing may away so at least it's the month of 20 wk scan. I know it'll drag but as soon as We're there it'll feel like it's gone quick.

I had a student midwife at mine too, though it's policy in this area to listen for the heartbeat at 14 weeks it seems. We have a 14 instead of 16 wk appt here. Iwas supposed to have it last week but it was cancelled, kind of glad as we may not have heard hb last week.
  • Options
    I have mine in 2 weeks and can't wait image we are also having a 16 week scan to find out the gender in 2 week so it will be a bambi week for us :-
  • Options
    I've got my 16 week appointment on friday after work. I'll be 15+4. Last pregnancy my midwife listened to baby's heart beat so am hoping she does it again this time. Very exciting!!

• Options
    Wish I had a 16wk app, midwife doesn't want to see me till 24 wks! Got my 20wk scan soon so I'm looking forward to that image
  • Options
    Had my second midwife appointment today and got to listen to baby's heartbeat. Was amazing! I remember thinking 'that's a rather funky rhythm! This bubba's got a good sense of beat!' :lol:

xxx
  • Options
    glad they've all been going well! Carina 24 weeks?! That's just bizarre!

I can't wait to find out the sex, I don't know how the ladies keeping it as a surprise do it! We have names now, and I'm already thinking about the baby with the names so I just want to know which one he/she is!
  • Options
    I agree with you squeeze!!! I have NO patience for waiting! I do hate it when people turn their nose up and say 'Oh, you're not going to find out, are you?' F&ck off, it's none of your business!! :evil: Personally, I feel it will help me bond with my baby and give it more of an identity in my eyes before it arrives. Also, I can spoil it with loads of clothes!!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    I agree redhead, if they don't want to find out about their child thats up to them but they can't put their feelings on anyone else.

I could probably cope with not knowing if no one else did if the dr/sonagrapher had a clue I'd want to know though. Hubbys desperate to know he wants to name them and be able to bond with them. He also wants to wait buying clothes till we know. Though my mum was pointing out last night that theres no point buying lots of pink clothes if its a girl I'd never out them in them. I think I was traumatised as a child and am no longer a pink fan.
  • Options
    Exactly Clalee, I really don't mind people having their own opinions but either keep them to yourself or respect other people's decisions! It's only polite! :lol:

I'm also the same - never been a girly girl and really don't like pink. I'm secretly dreading getting loads of pink clothes from relatives if it's a girl, haha!

xxx
  • Options
    Glad its not just me, my family won't do it they remember me sulking as a child when someone tried to dress me in pink ( well other than my grandma) but I'm dreading lots of pink stuff from my in-laws if its a girl.
  • Options
    pink overdoes image i have to say i'm really struggling to see anything much in the white/cream region for baby clothes.. not that i'm looking too hard at the moment..

I've got my 2nd appt next thursday and i'll be 17+1 by then.. seems like it's been AGES since the last scan.. i'll be very excited if she tries to listen for the heartbeat image
  • Options
    yeah I've worried about too much pink too! We'll have to see what happens at the 20 week scan. Perhaps we just won't tell anyone if it's a girl heh
  • Options
    now thats an idea squeezed -I'm sure the baby can be in the wrong position to find out at the scan.image
  • Options
    Am I the only one with a really late second midwife appointment? I have to go back to womens outpatients at the hospital on Friday 3rd June for my blood test results (I'll be 17+2) but my 2nd mw app isn't until 29th July when I'll be 25+2. Should I be having it earlier then that? :?
  • Options
    Forgot to say I've got my 20 week scan on 1st July (21+2)
  • Options
    I got told mine could be anywhere from 15-17 weeks, but then they decided on booking it there and then so I'm in next week at 16+3.

My 20 week scan was booked very early too at 8 weeks as it had to fit in with the consultant too, so I think thats how I got 20 weeks exactly.

you seem like you're having to wait for everything pudding hope it doesn't drag too much.