Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Too scared to do a test?

Has anyone been in this situation? I am waiting for AF to try again after a mm. If I was lucky enough to get pregnant again I can imagine not wanting to do a test or talk about it to anyone for 3 months, to just keep it in my head and to myself. Does anyone else feel like that? I imagine I'd want to be in denial about it until the 12 week scan , at least! :roll:

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Me too. Im ok with the testing part (although when I first got a negative back it broke my heart) but Im convinced if I fall again Im just not going to want to tell anyone at all. It was so devastating last time and everyone knew, next time I think I'll just will the time to pass quickly, quietly and on my own (with hubby of course...though I think I might even wait a while before Id tell him too to let it sink in!)

Its awful because it totally takes the shine and excitement away. I had a missed miscarriage too, I was ten weeks but the baby hadn't even made it past 5. So cruel that our bodies can do that to us image
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same!

I had a mmc just over a month ago (and an ectopic last december.) Af has just arrived. At first i didnt want to try again straight away but over the last month we've decided we're going to.

I just know that when (fingers crossed) the time comes to do a test i'll be totally pooing myself, and probably put it off for a few days, but the waiting will drive me mad!

xxx
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same, i'm not sure about telling people either. I go from thinking it would have been easier telling my mum especially that i was miscarrying if she'd known we were pg, but then i'm not sure. Plus i think if we told her she'd blab to everyone (and i mean EVERYONE!)

As for testing, this month i could feel myself reaching for the tests from about 5dpo, but i'm glad i didn't as those BFN's would have broken my heart again.

My aim is to wait until i'm a few days late before testing when it *happens* again (it WILL!).

Good luck hun xxx.
  • Options
    Hi ladies

I think it's very much a personal choice on who and when u tell. From my experience, only dh and I knew the first 2 times. Nobody knew we were trying as I didn't want the pressure. I knew my mum & mil were so desperate for us to have a baby so we didn't want to say anything. However, by the time of my 3rd mc, it was all too much. I told my mum what we'd been going through and she was great. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and we've told my parents and they've been sworn to secrecy. My mum wants to tell the world because she is so excited but she knows what we've been through and respects that she can't tell anyone.

It's nice to have my mum to talk to about my worries and excitement. On the otherhand, we're still not telling mil as she just would not be able to keep a secret.

As I say, its personal choice but sometimes its nice to have someone else to talk to that's been through it all before.

Good luck and I hope u all get bfps really soon x