Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

really happy......but

Hey lovelies.

Some of you may know that my older sister has 5 daughters and 4 granddaughters (I know, all those hormones ey!) 2 of her daughters are pregnant and obviously money has been on them both having girls. One of them had their 20 week scan today and they are having a boy image I am really really happy for them but nearly cried when they told me. I think its a cross between my hormones and the fact that my little boy should be here and that people should have been over the moon that he was coming into the world :cry: I feel so selfish now. I am going to go buy him an outfit tomorrow (along with some shoes :lol: )

Hope you don't think I am being selfish because I'm really trying not to be, the most important thing is that he is healthy xx

Replies

• Options
    Torch it's understandable that u feel this way. It's not selfish you are just reacting how anyone else would.

Don't punish yourself for feeling like you have been selfish, I am sure u don't mean to be.

I am sure you will buy him a lovely outfit and shoes ( u need to go to shoes anon :lol: )

xx
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling Torch, it's a normal reaction after what you've been through. It's not one I think of much these days but DD was actually my 2nd pregnancy (my 1st ended at 7-8wks back in 2000 and the guy I thought would stand by me and help me through it just walked away). I was a wreck with mixed emotions the following year when my sister announced she was pregnant (thrilled for her but also reminded that I could have been a mummy already and as the older of us felt I should have been first). As time went on I got more adjusted with having a niece and spending time with her. In 2008 I found my current DH and have moved onwards and upwards with the right family unit (he will love and support me no matter what) but it was meeting his eldest brother and sister in law and their children that brought back a little of that painful memory as his youngest nephew has a birthday that coincides with my original due date (in short I often find myself looking at his nephew thinking he could just as easily have been my 1st child) but again am thrilled at their family and when we get to see them. You will always have some memories of what was and thoughts on what could have been but you can also still enjoy what will be too. Best wishes