Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Braxton hicks

Hi ladies,been getting braxton hicks for weeks now but tonight im getting them really frequently,is this normal?Do you get them more often towards the end?I do remember having them with dd but not untill right near the end of my pregnancy,i've had them earlier this time not sure if its because its my 2nd baby?x

Replies

• Options
    Hi. I have been experiencing tightenings which seem a bit different to last time, but definitely having more, and a lot earlier. Not sure if it's because it's our second pregnancies. Perhaps ask your midwife next time you see her.

Are yours accross your whole bump? Do they feel the same as last time? Mine seem to be right at the bottom of my bump but don't spread accross the whole bump, just in one little spot. Not sure if it's Braxton Hicks or not??!! x
  • Options
    Yes mine are across my whole bump and they do feel different to last time,this time they seems to be alot stronger.They almost take my breath away,but not painfull atall,i think maybe its because its our second pregnancys like you said.I will mention it to midwife when i see her but they must be braxton hicks,i suppose every pregnancys different like you say image how long have you got left?x
  • Options
    I am 30+4 so similar to you! Sometimes I think my pains are more to do with the position the baby is in and starting to think that it's not Braxton Hicks I am feeling at all as they seem so different to last time! x