Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are you sleeping?

I CANT!!!

Every position i lay in is uncomfortable, and going from a pre pregnancy sleep whenever/wherever person Im finding it quite difficult...

SO can you sleep? If you can whats your secret to comfortable positions?

Tired x

Replies

• Options
    Hi image

I find it most comfortable on my side with a pillow under bump or between legs i used to sleep on my back so finding it hard not to do that !

It does seem to take ages to get comfortable and its horrid when you wake up in the night mainly for a wee ! and cant get back in that same comfy position image

I just try to catch a little nap whenever possible really buts its hard with other children around .

Hope you get some sleep soon image
  • Options
    I hate not being able to sleep on my back, it's only been 4 days and I'm cheesed off with it already! I'm dropping off quite well but waking up really early and then not being able to get comfy. We're on holiday this week as well, so no one else is getting up until 9am and I'm awake closer to 5am. Rubbish.
  • Options
    I'm normally a front sleeper so struggling too. Extra pillows help propping and sandwiched everywhere possible! I hope I get used to t soon.
  • Options
    I usually sleep on my front too, my side is nowhere as comfy! I too put a pillow between my legs, like to be snug as im always cold too. It must be natures way of prepping us for Not much sleep!! X image
  • Options
    I don't really have a bump yet so still managing to sleep on my front most of the time!

But I've started needing the loo a few times a night again and keep waking up at about 5.30am despite being shattered and not being able to get back to sleep!

xx
  • Options
    I've always been a back sleeper and have been struggling since the early days of pregnancy (even then it didn't feel comfy on my back as there was pressure there when I lay down).

I've tried lots of different things - one of the best was two big pillows either side of me (one to put between legs and one to stop me rolling back (but only worked as we were on holiday and had HUGE bed!) So when we got home, DH treated me to a pregnancy pillow (oh the romance!)

My one is called a Snoogle and it's like a big 'S' shape. You use the top end as a pillow, then it goes behind your back to stop you rolling over, and you put the other curled end between your legs. It's AMAZING! (DH keeps stealing it for weekend naps!) I do still wake up at about 6am and feel the need to stretch out, but that's much better than waking up throughout the night.

I don't know if you can get the Snoogle in the UK, but there are loads of pregnancy pillows that are similar.
  • Options
    I've always slept on my front apart form when I was pregnant last time round. I bought a V shaped pillow from Dunelm Mills only cost me about ??6 and I sleep with that between my legs which seems to make me stay on my side.
  • Options
    Seems more pillows are in order then :lol:

Thanks Ladies, Hope you all get some sleep soon too.

• Options
    I wake up at 4.30am without fail! Very random. I wonder when baby comes along if it will also be up at that time...
  • Options
    badly!

I keep waking up and then spend hours trying to get back to sleep, then the alarm goes off! i have insomnia so bad!
  • Options
    Badly too! I was awake last night from 3.10am- 5.50am. Not happy! Normally I sleep really well and in pretty much any position. I keep waking myself up because I'm

Uncomfortable now though- go to roll onto my stomach and it hurts, lie on my back and it's not comfortable. Not happy- was hoping to make the most of sleep now while I still can! I miss it lots! X x
  • Options
    Badly here too, like very-happywife, i've also been a front sleeper apart from during last pregnancy and struggle to sleep in any other position. I too resorted to a pillow bought from Dunelm mill but i got the long sausage one, so i could wedge one bit between legs, around bump and hug top bit. My DS has my old pillow as a crash mat next to his bed, so looks like i need to go buy a new one asap!

Although i think we have discovered a new reason why i may not be sleeping properly too, seems what i thought was sciatica might be Pelvic Girdle Pain, so need to speak to midwife and see if there is any chance of a physio checking it out, fingers crossed, referrals are like gold dust here.
  • Options
    What's sleep?! Oh sleeps downstairs atm image I snore (the joys of excess secretions during pregnancy) and so he can't sleep so he lets me sleep in our bed. It's better though as then at least I don't worry that he's not sleeping because I'm keeping him awake. It's not very romantic though!