Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Boy name HELP!!

Just wondering if you can give me some inspiration for boys names?? Nothing too common or weird! Something that is straightforward to spell too is very important. I've spent my life spelling my first name and maiden name and it's a pain in the ass!! Baby will have John as a middle name and our surname has 3 syllables! Any ideas would be great!

Replies

• Options

We think we aregoing to go for either Owen Orion or Oscar Orion and our surname is three syllables too.

Other names we had in mind were

Dexter

Flynn

Jacob

Jake

Jamie

• Options

i love 

Samuel 

Thomas

Benjamin 

Daniel 

Toby 

Theo

Archie

Lucas

Freddie

Alex

• Options

i think you need at least 2 syllables to go with john as a middle name, one syllable doesnt sound quite right, our lo is henry joseph - henry john might work? a bit different but still very traditional and no one will mis spell it x

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I used to love jake but taught one who was a nightmare and put me off! Theo and Toby I like. I like Henry but hubby doesn't, we went to school with a henry who got called Hendo the whole way through school!! Poor boy! Wish bump would be a girl, so much easier! But pretty sure this is a blue bump!
  • Options
    Noah was going to be our boys name (actually Noah John!) so I think that works. Other faves of mine are Josh/Joshua Benjamin/Ben Sam/Samuel Oliver Thomas James Joseph
  • Options
    Thanks Feebs! Hubby's family are pretty religious but we're not so Noah and joseph are sadly out. I like all your suggestions tho. We live in sunny Scotland so hubby always moans that most of the names I suggest are too English!! But he's not a fan of Scottish names either!! It's SO hard!!
  • Options

our fave boys names are alexander/alex, benjamin/ben, sebastien

with boys names I like the more traditional, not sure what kinds of names you like? I guess there are names like adam, isaac Luc x

• Options

Me and hubby are really undecided on a name for our lil man, though loving some of the suggestions. Its such a hard decision! for girls names we had almost a whole a4 page! x

• Options

i also like Eliot but hubby hates it xx

• Options
    Sarah we're the same! Girls are much easier. So far we like Charlie and Ethan. I have 6 friends having babies before us this year so keeping our names secret in case they get stolen! Just praying no one uses the same name as they will all be going to school etc together! Hubby is the fussy one, I like quite a few names but he vittos them!
  • Options

I have a few names i really want as a contender but hubby has vittoed them too! im seriously worried that this baby will remain nameless lol. We had a name we agreed on until i saw it on a top 10 list of what not to call a baby (was american) now im put off image tho dunno why as my hubbys name (michael) was on it too and i like that! x

• Options

charlie 7 Ethan are both lovely names. how does your dh feel about them?! x

• Options
    He likes them both actually!! Only problem now is choosing between them! At least we have something to go on and we can decide when he ( or she!) arrives x