Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I being silly?

Hello ladies,

As the title suggests... am I being silly?? I've already had two scans - one at just under 6wks as I had some bleeding and another private scan at 8wks. Both showed a healthy hb and everything else was in order, but now at just over 9wks I'm actually considering forking out for another private scan! 

I don't have any real justification for it, other than my symptoms are starting to ease off and I've had some cramping the past few days - which together are scaring me a little. I just feel like I need reassuring constantly image

I know its normal to be worried but i just feel like the worrys taking over - which can't be good in itself!

Am I mad??

xx

Replies

• Options
    I don't think you are mad if I could afford it I'd be there every week image
  • Options

I had scans at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks followed by nhs one at 12. Three private scans in thr first trimester. I worried i was being obsessive but wouldnt change it for the world! Scan away image x

• Options

Thanks girls - glad I'm not the only one image

Bitten the bullet and have booked another scan (which is now in less than an hour!!). Feeling really worried about it now though because I feel so normal, all symptoms gone! So fingers crossed....

xx

• Options
    Let us know how you got on. Thinking of you xx
  • Options

Good luck!x

• Options

Ah, so pleased all went well!

I'm tempted too! Saw the midwife today so being booked in for a scan. 10 + 3 today so should only be 2-3 weeks but still seems like such a long time! xxx

• Options

Thanks for your well wishes girls image Went for the scan and all was perfect! So happy!

The lititle bean was even waving his little limb buds about! 

Really do feel a little silly now for getting myself so worked up (again!) - need to learn to relax a bit more. Even had poor hubby convinced it was going to be bad news image

Juliewoo - hopefully the next few weeks will fly in! 

Xx

• Options

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how far are you now??

• Options

I'm 9+4 today, just as my last scan predicted!

How are things with you Puddy? Have you gor things sorted after moving Docs?

x

• Options

Yay congrats!x

• Options

That's fab - it is impossible not to worry! I think it is our job from conception for the rest of our lives to worry about our children - and while they're so tiny inside we've no idea what's going on!

Glad the scan went well, and I hope time flies by until your NHS scan now image x