Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Brown discharge and back ache before period - Are these common pregnancy symptoms?

Hi everyone

My AF is due in 4 days and I have experienced brown discharge for a few hours and extreme back ache for most of the day.. still suffering now. Are these common signs of pregnancy and how soon should I test? X

Replies

• Options

Brown discharge or like pink when wiping can be a sign of implantation. How many days past ovulation are you . X

• Options

Hi Robinangel - I last ovulated on 22nd April I think 🙈 I’m not very good at tracking it. I haven’t had any pink blood yet just brown discharge which has since stopped x

• Options

So your around 8 / 9 days past ovulation , implantation can happen anywhere from 7 to 12 days passed so could be good sign , just keep a eye on how things go over the next couple days if you nothing happens get a hpt , are you trying to conceive xx

• Options

Hi Robinangel - yes we are trying to conceive so I’ve got my fingers crossed it is all leading to pregnancy but we have been trying for 3 months and have been disappointed each time so trying not to get too ahead of myself. My AF is due Friday so if nothing happens I shall do a HPT Saturday morning with my first urine. Are you pregnant at the moment or are you trying too? X

• Options

We are currently trying , we are on our 6 month of trying , it is so hard not to get your hopes up and especially during the TTW what a nightmare time that is , I had a chemical pregnancy 3 months ago which was disappointing , I’m currently in the TTW now trying to stay positive and not symptom spot to much , fingers crossed you we get our BFP soon xx

• Options

Hi Robinangel - I can completely relate... lack of patience and too much excitement are not a good combination. Why do the two weeks drag so much?! I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you get the result you are looking for! I am quite new to this so please excuse me if this is a silly question however what does BFP stand for? I am slowly learning haha xx

• Options

BFP means big fat positive on a pregnancy test.. xx

• Options

Thank you! I am slowly starting to learn the lingo haha xx

• Options

Hi Robinangel - any change for you today? X

• Options

Hey I’m good thanks , how is the discharge has it stopped or got worse xx

• Options

Hi - glad you are well. It stopped yesterday afternoon but has started again today but again very minimal and just a few drops. Not changed on colour either. Back ache still persistent in the lower back but definitely not as bad as yesterday. Thanks for asking x

• Options

Hopefully it’s a good sign for you , I’ve felt crappie all afternoon, feeling so tired got slight backache and feeling rubbish , I’m only 5 days pass ovulation xx

• Options

It may be early signs you never know! Stay positive! I have just done a first response early test and that came out negative... also the discharge is now starting to look more like old blood so I don’t think it has worked this time... xx

• Options

I have read many times that if you experience implantation bleeding or discharge your not to test till it stops so hold off testing till it goes away , when is your af due xx

• Options

I think my impatience got the better of me! Friday xxx

• Options

Ha ha , dont worry I’ve been there , now i try and hold off till a few days before AF because seeing those negative results are a right downer, if your not  successful this time don’t get down about it just stay positive and get geared up for the next cycle, how long are your cycles each month xx

• Options

Thank you 🙏🏻 thats really kind! They are pretty average between 28-29 so not too abnormal but I did have abnormal cycles when I was on the pill xx

• Options

i use a period app to track my periods, fertile days and ovulation if you don’t already maybe download one and start tracking your monthly cycles , I make notes of how I’m feeling each day and what symptoms I’m having too , it all helps and it’s easier than trying to remember everything. If I was you maybe next cycle if not pregnant this time start using ovulation test so you know exactly when it’s happening takes the guesswork out of it , who would of thought that trying for a baby was so complicated ha ha xx

• Options

I am usin Clue at the moment and I find that very useful but I will defo start using ovulation tests if this time doesn’t work. I know! I see babies everywhere at the moment and it makes it look so easy seeing them around everywhere I go! Xx

• Options

That’s good, tell me about it my youngest is 6 and every Mum at school seems to be having babies or had one lately it makes me so jealous and even more broody , xx