Forum homeā€ŗ Getting pregnantā€ŗ Trying to conceive
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulating normal but still not pregnant šŸ˜”

Hiya, :)Ā 
im hazey,
im new to this and have just registered , i just donā€™t have anyone to talk about this that might also be in my situation.
me and my partner have been TTC for nearly 2 years now .
we are both age 27 normal weight.
i know I can get pregnant as I did when I was 16 with him ( it wasent planned) and sadly my daughter passed away.šŸ˜”
so I came off the pill a couple of years ago as we are ready now. And nothing has worked, I know I ovulate every month at the right time as I do OPK and BBT but every month AF comesšŸ˜” I donā€™t know what to do or try. I even do the legs up after BD but I still feel like I must be doing something wrong or is it just going to take a very long time ? I take folic acid and have been for a long time now. I have even been taking fertility plus tablets which are Ā£33 a month , Iā€™m just trying everything , has anyone got any ideas I can try or anyone that does ovulate regular and just taken a long to to get pregnant ? Sorry this is a long message , just feel stuck nowĀ 
many thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

Regarding you ovulating but not getting pregnant, have you been to the doctor about it? A friend of mine had no problem getting pregnant, but would always lose the baby very shortly after conception. The doctor did some tests and prescribed something (I can't remember what, sorry) that worked the first month. I don't know if her body didn't agree with her partner's sperm, or her own body wasn't making something she needed. I can't remember. But she is now the proud mum of a little boy. X
  • Options
    Thankyou ,Ā 
    i have been to the doctor then done tests and said all healthy it just hasent happened yet , Iā€™ve never had a Miscarriage or anything I lost my daughter after she was born.

but just havenā€™t been able to get pregnant for 2 years even tho everything is normal. I still feel like Iā€™m doing something wrong , like Iā€™m in the wrong position or something ( sorry TMI lol) šŸ™ˆ

but thankyou for your reply xx
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby Have you tried preseed? Itā€™s not a guaranteed, but itā€™s a lubricant to help sperm swim where they need to. I used it this cycle and I am testing on September 10th, so Iā€™ll let you know if it helps me this cycle. It has great reviewsĀ 
  • Options
    No i havenā€™t heard of that but I will look it up thankyou , let me know how youā€™ve got on, Iā€™m 5 dpo and due af on 9th September.. I no this might me TMI , but every single month I get white creamy cm after ovulation all the way through till af comes , didnā€™t know if you have this at all?Ā 
  • Options
    Sorry for you loss and don't lose hope it'll happen for you both. As the one person suggested give preseed a try. I know a few people that was struggling to convince and I read up about it and the reviews says it's amazing and 2 people I know cought 1st time, 1 cought the second month. Really worth a shot. Got my fingers crossed for you.Ā 
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby I am also 5dpo! And yes, Iā€™ve gotten that every cycle all the way up until AF šŸ˜•Ā 
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby sorry for your loss. Me and my husband been trying for a year now and we both been to doctors and they said we are perfectly healthy, so itā€™s been the same waiting game as you. Try what girls suggested, but I know couple who has been trying for 2 years and are healthy too and doctors came to conclusion that itā€™s all in their heads. They have to relax and let the nature do its thing as with them stressing and waiting for pregnancy is the only thing which holds them back. I donā€™t know if that helps as I am probably in the same boat. Good luck thought! Xx
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 fingers crossed for us both then , just donā€™t think itā€™s my month againšŸ˜ž glad to know Iā€™m not the only one who has the creamy cm until af tho, makes me feel abit better lolšŸ™ˆ I just always hate the 2 week wait ....

@Latte96 thankyou , nice to know Iā€™m not the only one. I will defiantly look it up thankyou xx
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby I have a feeling this wonā€™t be my month either as itā€™s only my third cycle TTC. I know itā€™s possible, but idk why I feel like I just have bad luck, even though almost every review for preseed said it helped couples the first month using it. And yes, the TTW sucks!! I wish we could know instantlyĀ 
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21

yh ive been trying for so long i defo think I have bad luck ...

i know would be great great if we could .. I used to always look up symptoms at different dpo days but I think sometimes you just believe you have the symptoms even when you donā€™t , so Iā€™m not doing that anymore lol šŸ™ˆ xx
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby I agree! I felt so many things my first cycle trying and I doubt any of them were true. And then I was crushed when AF came. Not doing that anymore!! I see a lot of people posting all these symptoms that they have and this and that, but the chances of feeling any symptoms before AF are slim to none. I didnā€™t get symptoms with my son until I was 7 weeks
  • Options
    edited Aug 31, 2019 4:06PM
    @Rachel.a21 Yes 100% agree
    ive seen a lot of posts also, that people say if you donā€™t have sore boobs before AF then your not pregnant ,
    but when I was pregnant, I didnā€™t have any symptoms till I was 6 weeks, and even then I never even had sore boobs then .. so Iā€™m not even looking for symptoms now ... I even used to check my boobs every day before AF to see if they hurt or not lol šŸ˜‚ definitely donā€™t do that anymore .
  • Options
    @Hazeybaby Same!! I never had sore boobs with my son ever lol I just see so many people really getting their hopes up because of symptoms but I think a lot of the time, itā€™s Ā just in their head. Because it happened to me too
  • Options
    When I was ttc last year, I upped my intake of nuts- almonds and Brazil nuts, also fish. Iā€™d read it helps!!! I also exercised a bit more. I seemed to be able to get pregnant ok-ish (I donā€™t mean first time) but I had 2 mc last year so keeping them is my problem, although Iā€™ve just had a gorgeous baby girl. Sheā€™s worth every worry!!!

Also I was told that even when you do everything right, ov, bd etc thereā€™s still ā€˜onlyā€™ a 20/25% of conception. I donā€™t know why knowing this helped me to relax but it did. A lot of it seems to be luck.Ā 

Sending you lots of baby dust and lots and lots of luck.
    xxxxx
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21Ā 
    yea definitely I know it was all in my head

@EmJ3 thankyou for your advice I donā€™t eat nuts but I will have more fish and do more exercise then.

im so sorry to hear about your MC kissing a baby is so hard weather itā€™s loosing them in the womb or after they are born like my daughter pain is always still there hun

oh ok I never knew that . Thanku very much hunā¤ļø Lots of love xxxxxx
  • Options
    Anythingā€™s Worth a try!!!
    good luck.xxxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 thanks hunĀ  <3