Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC Worries!

:roll:Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and have had a tear in my eye reading some of your stories. Me and my partner have only just started trying for a baby (3 weeks) and already I'm wondering 'when' it'll happen. Being overweight I keep worrying whether i will manage to get pregnant. Then i wonder what if i get pregnant and i don't get the symptoms. Does anyone else have these fears or am i just being daft!?! I would love to hear your views and hope to become friends with many of you! Heather xx

Replies

• Options
    I do all the time... but now I try not to think about it. If there's one thing I've learnt over the past five months its that I'm not in as much control of my future as I thought I was. Yes, I'm trying for a baby and yet it hasn't happened yet. I only know it will happen when its supposed to happen and there's nothing I can do about it. Now I try not to worry- whatever happens I know I'll survive. I guess I found that worrying doesn't change anything, so I try not too.
    Worrying is quite counter productive- since 'trying to conceive' it hasn't happened, but back in September when I did get pregnant it happened first go and I don't even know when as we weren't exactly trying (i.e watching dates, times of months etc). I think that its good to just go with the flow.
    I hope I don't sound too moody- I've just had a very busy day!
    Anyway, welcome- its nice too meet you and hang loose!
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words, and no you don't sound moody at all!! I think i'll just go with your advice and go with the flow for a while and see how things go. I know it will happen when it wants to happen, but u know what its like, trying for your first baby is all exciting, even before getting pregnant you start looking at baby books, picking out the pram etc. I guess 'practice makes perfect' is the way forward for now. fingers crossed! Heather xx