Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do you think anyone has guessed you are TTC?

Hi everyone! Thank goodness it is Friday! Yippee!!

I was just wondering if you ever think that friends/family have guessed that you are TTC? DH and I have told no one we are TTC...not even a hint. I often wonder if people may have guessed that we are? I would be gutted if they had as I want it to be a surprise!

I try to keep friends and family off the scent by shrugging any comments about 'It'll be you next!' off with a scoff (but secretly hoping they are right!).

Not drinking is a dead giveaway seeing as for me it use to be EVERY weekend and at the beginning of our TTC 'journey' a few of my friends asked if I was preggers as I didn't drink. But now 6 months down the line, I make sure I let them see me have a drink when I'm not in the 2WW - cunning plan to throw them off the scent and keep them all guessing!!!

I also keep the pre natal viamins in the back of the cupboard 'just in case' anyone clocks them!

I am also sure someone tempted me with a bit of brie once just to see if I ate it or not...chuckle...or maybe I am just paranoid!

What are your experiences?

Mrs Smee xx

Replies

• Options
    With us, its whats people are expecting.

We got married 3 years ago, bought our house 18 months ago, havent bought the kitten yet (im still working on that!!!) and peeple say well you know whats next!!! It makes my blood boil that when friends bring their children into the office and colleagues say, you'll be next, they have no idea!!!

I think my mum and MIL has clocked on, but thankfully giving us space. Ive told a few very close friends about our difficulties which has helped.

I really dont want people at work to know. Ive just got a promotion which im really pleased about.and have accepted. As much as i want a family so much ive got to think ahead. But at the same time ive got to be careful with what i say about family plans.
  • Options
    The only person who may have guessed, is my mum and she is the last person I want to know, even though I'm married and have a dd already, my mum just doesn't know how to be subtle.......she's already making comments like, you haven't started your AF yet I need to know if your trying so I can get ready to be a grandmother again.
    The thing is she thinks this will be my 1st month and its my 4th so all her harking on about me being preggers doesn't help. She's not the most sensitive person either so even if I talk to her she won't get it. She'll probably say there's something wrong with OH.
    She's been going on and on lately about how ive changed since he's been around, I mean ive been with him for 3 yrs, and now we are married but my mum still thinks that everything revolves around her and that I have to be at her beck and call and, if I say I'll call you back she says oh I bet HE wants you to himself when HE is not even in the house. I just want to pull my hair out cause of the nagging about me being preggers and the nagging about me spending time with my husband.....Okay now with me ranting this next bit might seem bad but my mums also going through Chemo for breast cancer. And its going well but she also knows how to milk sympathy, and there's nothing I can do cause I cant hang up on her cause I feel bad that she's ill, and I cant be with her for her treatment cause I have to work, I asked and begged her to have treatment near me so we could look after her but she refused and now has a go at me for not going to her treatment which is on a Friday every 3wks 200miles away.....its been a hellish couple mths....I don't know why we even ttc, but we need some PMA in our Family and damn it this is our mth.......
    Sorry I ranted for a bit and I didn't even mean to...thanks for listening
  • Options
    I reckon the nosy cow who sits behind me at work might have guessed we are TTCing by clocking this website on my screen!! Hope she doesn't tell anyone. She's been off this week though - can you tell by how much I've been on here?!
    xx
  • Options
    Scuba, im aty work too and nearly jump out my skin when someone calls my name cause im so into this website .....lol
  • Options
    I go on here at work too, and im naughty as not supposed to, i quickly click off when anyone comes near, im not sure if anyone has clocked thatim trying but i dont think people will be too suprised if i eventually announce that im preg. .......if it ever happens that is x
  • Options
    No I pretty sure no-one has guessed. I keep my pregnacare well hidden and buying it is like a military operation so that no-one sees. I've worked out that internet shopping is the way forward, much easier on your heart but not quite as excitingimage I really hope that no-one knows because I don't want any pressure (I put enough on myself) and if I ever do get that BFP, then I want it to come as a complete shock to everyone, in a nice way of course. Good topic, thanks xx
  • Options
    I one respect I'm lucky as cant log on at work but then again it is infuriating not being able to keep up with whats been going on.
    We just keep getting "so when you going to start a family" from family, friends and work colleagues. I just brush it off by saying maybe in next 12 months we will think about it as just about to come off depo so my body has to sort itself out...... they dont realise that i' already off it and we have started TTC already, but then again it is early days for us so think have given us enough leeway with the timescale i said.
    He he hee.....we are all quite devious & protective about TTC on here.....which is why this site is a godsend cos at least we can talk to others in same situation.
  • Options
    I am too a BE addict at work am just hoping our IT department are not clocking up the amount of times i am on here!

I feel like i want to tell everyone that we are TTC but know it could take a while and the thought of being able to tell people that i am actually pregnant would be much more enjoyable than just telling them we are TTC and this is why this website is a godsend as at least you can talk to others in the same position as you.
  • Options
    I agree BE is a godsend. I love to login each night and see what's happened today!
    DH says to me 'What you looking at? Your lady site again?' hee hee He is great but it's nice to have other ladies to relate to.
    That's another thing I do to cover my tracks is delete the history from my pc in case someone other than my DH uses it! Probably silly and unlikely but you never know!

Mrs Smee xx
  • Options
    hi,

We havent told anyone we are ttc, i just feel like its too much pressure and i would hate people asking every month. The worst person in the world to know for me would be my MIL, she made a speech at our wedding in november and mentioned the patter of tiny feet, i swear i wanted to thump her! She is such a stress head, i was making my own wedding cake and she rang everyday to make sure how it was going each time saying " if you ruin it you wont be able to get one now" she is sooooooo negative. when and if we get our BFP we have decided that we wont tell for a while as neither of us could cope with the added stress.
  • Options
    This makes me really worried as we've not started to ttc yet but we've been talking about it and have openly said to family and friends that we will start trying in about August - we're going to be facing alot of questions then - feeling a bit silly now in case it takes longer than expected...
  • Options
    Nobody's guessed yet, I've only told my best friend who's been good enough not to ask any questions, which is good as I can't be doing with the stress.
    I really would love to tell my sisters (x3) but something is stopping me, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that is keeping their little secret close to their chest.

Here's wishing to all that AF has gone on holiday for oooh about 9 months!!