Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ttc with irregular cycles

Hi guys - i was wondering if I cold bend your ears (eyes?) for a moment?

I have always had long, irregular cycles but I went on the pill about 10 years ago so they were really an issue. I have always thought that I have symptoms of PCOS, but have found that my concerns don't really get taken serious because my weight isn't affected (thankfully!) and my main symptoms are maybe seen as more 'cosmetic' (e.g. hair- everywhere!!).

So came off the pill a couple of years ago to get investigations done. bloods came back normal but ultrasound showed cysts on my ovaries. GP kind of fobbed me off and said that it would prob be the best idea to continue on the pill as that helps with the symptoms. so I did and then didn't give it much more thought.

I got married in april this year and came off the pill to ttc. my symptoms reemerged, with the worst being the relentless battle with excess body hair- what a bloody chore!! cycles have gone back to their irregular, long pattern. first cycle was 135 days and this most recent was 50 days. I am measuring my bbt and each cycle there has been a rise, so i am ovulating thankfully, but the problem is that i only find out after the event grrr! I can't use CBFM because it is only good for cycles up to 40ish days. do any of you lovely ladies have any gems of wisdom for helping either regulate cycles a bit more or ways to predict ov? its so frustrating only getting one bite at the cherry every few months, rather than every 28 day, but even more frustrating not knowing when you are going to get that bite!

sorry for ranting!!

lb x

Replies

• Options
    hun have you tried agnus castus? its a herbal remedy and has been proven to help storten cycles [though not for everyone] mine went from 45-55 days to 28 with the first month? you can get them in H&B helth food stores, theya re expensive if you buy the big pot [which i did] and it only took my 3 months after trying for 17 to fall pregnant using this, i was also about to start metformin aswell but got bfp first. I would advise trying this but also to ask for a referal to a gynae consultant to see if you are ovulating now and get the medical help ball rolling incase the AG does not work as it can take months to get metformin or clomid on perscription. xxxx
  • Options
    Hiya
    I have irregular cycles too, although nowhere near as long as yours, but still i don't know when I am going to be ovulating. We conceived our daughter within a few months by simply increasing the amount of times we have sex (every 2-3 days) and did this week in, week out so that we had a chance of getting pregnant whenever I did ovulate. We're ttc number 2 at the moment and plan to do the same thing, the only difference being that we're both exhausted from running round after our daughter so don't have as much energy as before!
    Good luck!