Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2018

Hello - and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm DanielleMFM and it's really lovely to see you looking in on us.

If you'd like to join this group and meet others who are also due in August 2018, please do post a reply on this thread and introduce yourself.

If you're due in a different month and would like to join one of our other birth clubs, you can find them here.

Replies

• Options

imageHello! So this is a very new submission. Test taken today and if I've conceived when I think I conceived then I am due in August! Fingers crossed for a successful pregnancy :) 

• Options

Hi April773, congratulations on your lovely positive test there! How exciting! And you're the first to kick off this brand new birth club - hooray! We're sure there will be loads of other peeps joining you here really soon. How are you feeeling? 

• Options

Hi April! Congratulations! Is this your first pregnancy?

I'm due on the 29th July, but given that this is my first I'm thinking I stand a significant chance of (hopefully, if all is well) slipping into being an August Mummy! 

How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Xx

• Options

Hey! Congratulations to you too!

So I actually worked out my due date on an app taking the 1st day of my last period and it also came up 29th July 2018!  So August wasn't quite an accurate guess, but like you I am also a first time mum. I found out today after 3 positive pregnancy tests, it still hasn't sunk in. When did you find out? 

Yeah I am crampy, sore boobs and back, waves of nausea and lots of weeing lol. How about yourself? Xx

• Options

Oh wow we share due dates!! 

I found out about a week ago, before I even missed a period. I just had a feeling. 

I took 1 test (First Response) and it came up with the second line but I didn't really believe it, I don't know anything about the reliability of tests so started googling and that's how i ended up on here! I took a the digital clear blue a couple of days ago and it came up "pregnant 2-3", that's when it really felt real!!

Symptom wise pretty much the same as you sore boobs, cramping and lots of loo breaks. I haven't had much sickness, just a slight sicky feeling in the late afternoon. Fingers crossed I skip that bit 😂

• Options

Oh wow so you has a hunch? Do you mind me asking if you'd been trying for long?  We have been sort of trying for 5 months but have been pretty relaxed about it. 

I know, same due date, how cool! 

I didn't have a hunch until I was late, mainly because last month I had a feeling and then got my period lol so I really didn't want to be disappointed again. It was until today when I think deep down I knew I just be, my periods are very regular, 4 days late was very unusual for me. 3 tests later and here I am

I'm actually doing the CB digital tomorrow morning. 

Haha fingers crossed you escape the sickness. So far I'm not sure I will 😝 so have you booked in with doctors yet? My friend said you wait until you're 8 weeks before you do that. I'm clueless! 

• Options

Yeah I can't put my finger on what is was but I had the test in the cupboard and thought there was no harm in trying. Was pretty shocked when it came out positive!! I wish I'd actually found out a little later, I feel like it was so early and I've had more time to worry about stuff.

So I came off contraception at the start of September and fell pregnant in the second cycle (mid October). I'm pretty stunned as I had been on contraception since I was 14 (I'm now 27) so was convinced it would take a while. 

Hopefully we both have sticky Poppy seeds in there!! Xx

• Options

Hi Ladies! Thought id join...I am due 1st August!

My story.... trying for around a year, had three miscarraiges in that time (come to terms with those) currently 4 weeks + 1 and found out about five days ago, also just had a feeling.

Really pleased you both have crampyness, ive never had this before in previous pregnancys but taking it as a good sign that the bean on burrowing right in!

I have doctors appt tomo, they dont normally do anything just put referral in to midwife, ive never really heard about waiting until eight weeks before!

Xx

• Options

Congratulations Bobble! You must be thrilled. 

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one with cramps. Feel a bit funny. Lying here with weird sensations in my tummy. I wish I could relax but it all feels so surreal. 

Hmmm well I'm going to speak to my doctors tomorrow to check what I need to do anyway. X 

• Options

Oh wow that's amazing, you fell quite quickly then.  Havent been on the pill in years. I was on the implant a few years ago which I hated. 

I'm 36 which I worry about as it's an older 1st time mum, didn't plan on leaving it as late as I did but circumstances... Fingers crossed for healthy pregnancies for both of us x

• Options

Thankyou April! Yeah if it not niggles its pressure of needing a wee! Xx

• Options

Congrats Bobble! Sorry to hear about your losses. Do you mind me asking whatvstage you were? Sending you lots of sticky baby dust for this seed!

Yeah, I fell much quicker than I thought I would 😅 The implant and injection can leave hormones in your system for longer than the pill maybe that's why it took a little longer (but still pretty quick!) I wasn't actually on the pill I was using a vaginal ring, which is pretty much the same as the pill but a lower dosage (Nobodies ever heard of it tho so I just say pill!).

My sister in law has just had her first and she's 37. I think with the changes in medication and management of pregnancy it's safe to say that 36 is not considered an older mother nowadays and doesn't necessarily mean it carries any more significant risk than those in their 20s! 

• Options

Welcome Bobble321 and huge congratulations - we'd like to wish you a super sticky bean.

Lovely to see you over here KMH27 and that you have a due date twin! 

• Options

First was 8 weeks, second 5 weeks + 4 amd third 5 weeks + 1

Off to docs today to talk about taking asprin as precautionary measure, see what he thinks! Xx

• Options

Not sure if wishful thinking! 

Been trying since miscarriage in July 

• Options

Becksta that is defo a positive congratulations! Xxx

• Options

Stupidly did a clear blue digital says not pregnant 😪 

• Options

I'd wait and do another one

That first one definitely looks positive 

• Options

imageLooks pretty similar to mine! I'm now 5 weeks so fingers crossed! I didn't do a clear blue one until I was 4 weeks as I've heard the digital ones are pretty innaccurate xx

• Options

Thanks for kind words just the waiting game now