Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2016

1464748495052»

Replies

• Options

CONGRATULATIONS Andrea! We can't wait to see a piccy! I'm pretty sure all our regular Feb Birth Club ladies have now had their babies! How incredible, we hope you're all doing well. We're going to be giving you your very own Feb 16 Babies thread soon... more about this later, but in the meantime, please do make sure you share your birth story so we can send you some lovely MAM goodies.

• Options

Congratulations andrea.  enjoy your little bundle of joy hunny x can't wait to see pics

• Options

image Ava Lilly :)

• Options

oh she's beautiful hun xx absolutely gorgeous x

• Options

Need advice ladies!!! I'm so tired and literally barely slept since wed it's her first night at home n she just won't go in the Moses basket!! she goes on breast pulls off and wants to sleep on me!! it's just constant nappy!! Partial feed try go in basket screams back on me..... 

• Options

I've tried putting a warm 'hot' bottle in for a bit, that helps. I also googled if you use a tshirt or something you've been wearing as the sheet in the Moses basket then that helps cause it smells of you.

We can't seem to settle our boy quickly after night time feeds. My husband is at his wits end. Think he's ju set t up to worry. I don't know how we'll do when he goes back to work on Monday

• Options

I used to sit on a soft blanket with my first so it was warm and smelt of me. remzi is a fan of being cuddled I'm sleeping downstairs at moment as I find it more comfortable so he sleeping in his pushchair if he stirs when i put him down I pop a dummy in and rock him back to sleep xx

• Options

How are u guys doing on the feeding front.... I thought id try breast but it's exhausting it only being me who can do it and feels like she just snacks rather than taking her full feed 

• Options

Andreag1990 I'm breastfeeding too. During the day he feeds hourly but then goes 5/6 hours at night. dont stress yourself if you find it too much, or see if you can express then someone else can give a feed for you x

• Options

It's all very tiring she is in the Moses basket right now.... Gonna try put her down often today to try and get her used to it.... When u breast feed how long until you can give them a dummy?? I just want to do everything right but it's pretty much learning on the job lol 

• Options

I gave mine a dummy from about 2/3 days old (when my first was in special care they gave him a dummy so figure it can't be bad for them). Only give him a dummy when I know he had a good feed and its wind causing him to cry x

• Options

that's the problem there is no manual, everyone will tell you something that contradicts someone else and then little baba decides he/she is going to be an exception.

ive found the baby clues in to how we're feeling so its trying to have the confidence that we're not breaking them and its trial and error.

take any help you can, I've never appreciated my mum as much as I have the past two weeks. She has been a lifesaver.

I thought I was over the baby blues but today after I got him back down my husband found me sobbing and I couldn't really say why. My milk is almost all gone which I'm glad for but I think I'm still upset about not being able to feed.

• Options

It's an emotional time katt1906 xx my mum is looking after us this week as hubby back at work it's so nice having your mum on hand to give support. 

Dont think you can say there is a right and wrong just follow your instincts and do what is right for you and your baby xx

• Options

Hi ladies, hope everyone doing well. I'm getting over the section well  only problem i'm finding is getti ng out of bed i feel like my stitches gonna pop, any suggestions??? Grace is such a ittle dote, feeding well and sleeping well. I'm bottle feedi ng as well kat you shouldn't beat yourself up you're doing whats best for you and thats what matters. My boobs are so hard and sore gonna try the cabbage leaves any other tips ladies?

• Options

Jcdg that's why I'm on the sofa I find it more comfortable to sleep sitting up while recovering from c section X 

i've heard cabbage leaves are good x

• Options

Thanks mummytortoise have icepacks on now might try the cabbage tomorrow.

• Options

Hi everyone,

We hope you're all doing well and are tucked up somewhere cosy with your beautiful babies.

We just wanted to let you know something rather nice. Officially speaking (props glasses on the end of nose) this isn't really a Birth Club any more cos you've pretty much all had your babies now!

But we think you'd all still want to keep on chatting, compare notes about your babies, swap tips and the like, right?

So, we've made you a shiny new thread called Feb 16 Babies. Oh and if you check out the new thread, there's a lovely Lamaze treat in store for you (see the pic below), if you post over there in the next week or so...

We're going to lock this thread soon so no one gets confused and keeps posting here.

We'll see you over there soon!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/144324.jpg