Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in June 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in June 2016

1545556575860»

Replies

• Options

karenlouise90, colic is the worst - we suffered terribly with it with my second child. Hang in there.

How's everyone else doing? We wanted to let you know, we're going to be starting you all your very own June 16 Babies thread very soon - and we have a lovely gift instore for all of you who come over to it... watch this space!

We also wanted to let you know about two threads we have running today.
    The first is your chosen baby name - did you reveal it before you had your baby? Please do come and let us know on this new thread here.

The second thread is about Father’s Day - we’re wondering if you’ve done anything special in the past (or if this is your first Father’s Day) or if you have something lovely planned? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here.

Thanks everyone!

• Options

Well today we've had to combination feed as Callum just refused my boobs all day and I was getting a bit worried. Got some ready made formula bottles and he wolfed the lot. Will keep trying with breast but I'm more bothered about getting food into him by hook or by crook! 

All his clothes are too big for him, so I need him to put on some weight haha! 

Any news on the last few babies? Hope you're all well and keep on going! 

• Options

Congratulations NicNac and EmmaC - your babies are gorgeous!!! Hope you are both recovering well and your babies are settling in at home.

karenlouise - hope Verity's colic passes quickly. As you say, her body is still developing due to being so early (and it sounds like she is doing really well!)

Hope Callum's feeding settles down Ginabambino. As long as he is taking food by some means that's the main thing!

My contractions started today around late morning and are getting more frequent and painful. Looks like my baby might make an appearance fairly soon! 

Vxx

• Options

Thank you Vixi and good luck x

• Options

Good luck Vixi! 

Yes we've decided to formula feed and offer boob before each feed just in case. He hasn't taken it at all today but had between 2 and 4oz of formula each time. He's done more poos today and he seems to be a lot happier and so am I! 

• Options

Good Luck Vixi! will be stalking this page until i've heard news now!:) 

I was breastfeeding but Lilly wasn't latching and was very draining as she was always screaming for more. Very hungry baby. We've decided it would be best for me to express while she has a bottle so i'm still giving her my milk. She sleeps much better on a night now. I use to be up every hour. 

I only realised yesterday that she is a week old. how has that happened? it's flown! 

Gina bambino, all her clothes don't fit her either. We've had to go and buy tiny baby thing. 

oh & what's everyone's plans for fathers day? it's his first and I really want to make it special since he did get me a mothers day card from bump unexpectedly. I have a card and am putting her footprint and hand print inside as her "signature" and also got him (for her to wear) a top saying daddy's little girl on.. 

he wants slippers but cannot find any nice ones.. 

• Options

Callum is just very lazy and only wakes up for feeds at the minute. He is more alert though when awake so I know I've made the right decision. It is hard but as long as babies are fed they aren't bothered! 

Yes got a few tiny baby outfits and washing machine is on constantly to wash everything. 

I've got him a book from Callum about being a dad and a few bottles of beer. Nothing major as we aren't that sort of couple but I did want him to have something to 'keep'. Have you looked at Debenham for slippers? Sometimes they have decent ones in there x 

• Options

Good luck Vixi - we hope you're doing ok and we can't wait to hear your news!

• Options

Good luck Vixi!

Well done to all the 'already-mummies!' you are all doing amazingly

I had my 38 week appt with midwife today (as ready as I am to meet this little girl I cant believe I have reached this point!) - and baby has finally started to engage. I asked when the latest I would be induced would be so I know I now have a date that will be the latest she will make her arrival. Any sooner and it will just be a huge bonus! Just want to have cuddles with her now!

• Options

Hang in there Bug91! Did your midwife give you an induction date? Pretty sure it's normally 11 or so days after your due date - sound about right?

As we're expecting, (we think!) just three more babies now (although Vixi could well be on the way) we thought we'd kick off your brand new June 16 Babies thread where you can carry on posting pics of your gorgeous babies, and keep on chatting about those stitches and the feeding and how things are going.

We also have a gorgeous gift for your babies when you post on the new thread, which can be found right here!

We'll leave this thread open a little while longer to make sure everyone sees this post, and then we'll lock it so we don't have two chats going on at once.

• Options

Yes the midwife said it would be 40+12 so that makes it the 10th July, being so late in June I had already assumed I would probably have a July baby! She is super active since being poked by the midwife today so just need her to keep wriggling further south!

• Options

Hello ladies,

My baby made its appearance yesterday morning (17th June) at 8.23am - hooray! A bit of a relief at 41+1 weeks but I hadn't quite appreciated how long pre-labour and actual labour can take. My first contractions started around lunch-time on Wed 15th but baby didn't appear for nearly 2 days after that. I'd kind of expected the same early and swift births that my mum had had but clearly that didn't happen! 

I was team yellow but my partner and I always had a feeling throughout the pregnancy that we were having a little boy - however we were proved wrong! We now have a bouncing little girl who weighs in at a healthy 8lb 11oz and is beautiful! No name as yet - we're going to wait and see what suits her. 

Will post my birth story shortly. Currently on postnatal ward in hospital recovering from lots of stitches and busy with a baby who seems to like to wake up crying every 15 mins or so during the early hours! 

Hope those who have had their babies are navigating the various newborn challenges and that those still waiting don't have too long to go now.

Vxx

• Options

Ah Vixi, we've been eagerly awaiting hearing from you! A girl! Congratulations! We can't wait to hear all about your birth and we hope you and your hubby and little girl are all doing really well. Please do let us know how you're getting on when you can, and we'd love to see a piccy of your baby girl. 

• Options

Hi everyone, we're locking this thread now - please head over here to June 16 Babies. See you over there!