Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2017 - Part 3

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in May 2017 - Part 2 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit hard to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Options

Part 3 and its still only feb hehe! 

The update from me, had midwife yesterday. Baby was very well behaved and let me be examined without thumping midwife this time. Baby is head down but cos there is still plenty space she will likely keep spinning. Had bloods taken to recheck antibodies and the usual ones. Got my GTT tomorrow which is interesting as once I arrived at work yesterday my vision went blurry and I had to lie down in dark. This didn't help so I tried sugar and I perked up quickly. So it appears I had a hypo. Even after eating breakfast. Be interesting to see how I cope with no food or sugar from 10pm tonight until that time tomorrow..

My little one went back to nursery today. Still not 100% but desperate to get some 'normality' back into our lives. It's upset her routine enough by moving to my mums. She thinks it's one big sleepover lol. 

Today, in between working I ma trying to organise address changes with companies. Oh the fun! I also have an essay draft due on Friday which lecturer said is not compulsory so I haven't done it image oops.

Hope you are all well! 

Natalie xx

• Options

1 thread per trimester haha. 

I was a bit weirded out by the 4d scans too but im too impatient so we just booked it anyway lol it appears to have sparked a family debate and search for baby photos of me and my hubby! My nan and mum swear she looks just like i did when i was a baby, whereas we both think maybe she has my lips and his nose, whereas his mum swears she is the double of my hubby. What is wrong with these people?! Lol

Im at the midwife tomorrow afternoon, ive made him come with me because i had a read through my notes and she put down "patient attend clinc alone, although all seemed well"...i dont like how that sounds! Do all your other halves come to every appointment? I didnt think there was any need for him last time as it was just a wee sample and a measure of bump. 

• Options

Eurgh the heartburn has stepped it up a notch today, rude of it! Lol.

Blue my OH doesnt come to midwife appointments,he came to my scans but not general MW ones. He did last pregnancy but tbh I don't see any need. It's too difficult for him to get the time off and they last about 10-15mins max. Sounds like your MW is a right sod image

When born my daughter looked like her dad but is now a definite mini me so will be interesting to see this little ones face. My daughter has more of her daddys personality and traits so we will see how alike or different they are image be so strange to have 2 little divas demanding my attention lol. officially 28w today... not long now ladies! 

Nearly finished work, hope LO survived nursery or I will feel like such a cruel mama when I pick her up.

Natalie xx

• Options

Hello all, 

Part 3 how exciting haha! The 4D scans look amazing! I'm so jealous! Blue, did they measure other things when you went there like approximate weight of baby so far or anything? I am so tempted to get one booked....So amazing to see that there's actually a real baby in there....I still can't believe it haha 

Hope the move went okay Natalie, I'm sure once you're all back in a routine you'll be glad haha!! 

My OH only came to my first MW appt, 12 week and 20 week hospital appt. .(only cause of the scan) he doesn't come to the regular ones !!! 

Sausage and mash for tea lol.....I'd much rather be having a big Mac. Lol 

Louise xxx 

• Options

Well i thought it was Pancake day, so i was all ready to come home and make pancakes when someone ruined my day and told me it was next week :-( ive thrown a pasta bake together instead, it at least looks edible. 

I completely forgot to ask about the other stuff, we were so distracted by the picture on the screen that i completely forgot. I might call them up and ask if they made any notes! 

• Options

Aw just think, next week you can make pancakes! haha.

I fancy a pancake.. I actually fancy anything right now I am starving and feeling woozy. Damn GTT. Had 1st set of bloods and that strange drink. Next bloods at 1030 if I last that long image and my bloods were proper blood samples, not finger jabs image

My LO had temp at nursery yesterday and woke up with temp this morning again so I've kept her off today and she is with gran and my day off is tomorrow so looks like another few days off. Bless her. I've had an upset tummy this morning but not sure if its just pregnancy or a bug.. hoping not a bug!

Have a good day, best get some work done to distract me from rumbly belly!

Natalie xx

• Options

Did you get lucozade or a "special" drink? Lol mine was lucozade. Mine consisted of a nasty finger prick test, then a proper blood test, drink a medium McDonald's sized cup of actual lucozade, 2 hour wait drooling at the food in the canteen and then another proper blood test in the other arm. The b!tch missed and blamed my veins for being "slow"...i was thinking "one of us is slow, and its not me..."

If its any consolation, i'm on my second bottle of water as i have the midwife later and i dont want to give her any excuse for telling me im not doing something right. Hubby is coming with me and has warned he might just sit and glare at her so she has something to write about this time lol

• Options

Morning ladies,

My OH does come with me to the Midwife appointments, but its purely just because he happens to not be working at that time, otherwise he would not. And to be honest, not really needed, but it is his opportunity to hear the heartbeat etc and feel part of it all.

I had a rude awakening last night when I puked a little in my mouth. Think it was linked to some heart burn. Yuk! thankfully I am someone that can just switch back off and sleep..

Update on Group B Strep. Visited my new midwife last Tuesday. Mentioned it again and she has made a note to get my urine examined for it at my 36 week check up.  On another note, my urine keeps showing up Protein, but I have no infection. Apparently I could just be someone that carries it. Never knew that was possible.

My pelvis pain is making improvements, exercise is definitely helping.

xx

• Options

I used to get that sometimes before i was pregnant, not nice. It was usually because i would have a drink of water before bed and then lay down, i guess it didn't go down properly. Ive just got back from the midwife, she was a different one but really nice. Ive cleared up the following:

Eat what you like but in moderation. Dont eat for two but just eat normally

Try and get vitamin D supplements, because we live in the UK and its not sunny (Natalie, you should probably take more because its never sunny in Scotland :-p only kidding)

Minus about 2.5kg off any weight you put on because thats is baby, blood, water, placenta... 

Finally dont take your other half to the appointment. He said "is it appropriate to put the baby in kennels with the dog when when go on holiday?". I could have died. 

• Options

Just "lubing up for the night" here and caught a glimpse in the mirror. I suddenly look very pregnant tonight. It feels like she is really pushing outwards and wriggling more than kicking. Thought i would share with y'all and my sexy stretch marks too of course ;-)

• Options

Hahaha asI read about the vitamin d and never sunny in Scotland it's white outside with snow!! So I think I should double dose!

My friend is a physio so she have me number for antenatal physio so gonna need to phone that as it's only getting worse. I cant see "down there" but it feels bruised haha. It's not btw... just feels it all time. 

I have a day off today and I feel confined to house because of weather (I hate driving in snow!) I need to stock up on shopping and get some drawers from ikea and get my eyebrows and hair done and generally just avoid my uni work.... my hair has grown so quickly last 4 week and nd my usual ashy blonde roots look black! Thanks pregnancy. 

Blue my dad had that sort of personality where he would ask that! OH thankfully behaves in front of "important" people except after being discharged with my daughter the midwife brought me a bag of condoms and handed them to him. He said thanks but I'm sure I'm not getting any again anyway. 

Natalie xx

• Options

I decided after writing that post I'd have a lazy day. I lasted about 10mins and was dressed, beds stripped and nd way to shops. Got stocked up on toiletries and household stuff.. got some storage but didn't make it to ikea. Went into primark and got two cute baby things for £1 in sale each. And some general baby stuff  (not that I need it at all!!) And got my little girl some stuff. Came home cleaned our room, tidied up and tried to unemotional boxes and bags. Cleaned bathroom and kitchen for my mum (since we are digs free lol) made beds and ironed. I am now kapoot and want to go to bed. Why didn't I just be lazy I am so so sore!! Lol never learn.

Hope your all well. Snow has melted and since I have been so busy I've told OH it's Chinese for dinner. Pregnant mama orders ha.

Natalie xx

• Options

Great pic blue! My baby is getting a lot stronger....Feel her throughout the day now!!! Nice and reassuring! 

Wow Natalie sounds like you've been busy!!! I did similar today - cleaning, sorting stuff out....Buying cleaning products... getting a bit obsessed with those lol!!!

I still only have stretch marks on one side (my right)....Which is strange! 

Strawberries and cream for pud which was delicious! 

Going to have a soak in the tub with some lovely Lush bath bombs that my sister in law bought me for my bday! 

Time is going so fast....Weeks turning into days ...Ive told hubby we need to make the most of child-free life as we aren't going to be alone now for like 18 years or more....Hahaha 

Hope all ladies and babies are well

Louise xxx 

• Options

Is anyone getting woken up by kicks yet? I haven't felt her move through the night, well she hasn't woken me up lets say. The only time i feel her through the night is the 4am wee and then its just a kick, almost to say "why are we up?" then she stops again. id like to think this means she is going to sleep through the night, but i doubt it! 

• Options

I don't think she wakes me up either...But if I do wake up I do sometimes feel her so maybe she does??? 

• Options

I've not been woken up by baby moving either. I do feel him move when I've woken up to change position or use the toilet so not sure how much of the night he is awake for or if he just responds to my movement. 

I go to a relaxation therapy session at a mother and baby mental health unit now and the woman that does the session explained that when we are relaxed our uterus has more room for baby to wriggle and they enjoy the space. When we are walking around or are tense the uterus contracts slightly and goes firm giving baby less room to move. 

13 shifts left at work for me :) can't wait to finish work and start to get excited for baby. 

• Options

Another week down before mat leave starts!

Babies will be here in no time ladies :-)

Happy Friday x

• Options

Morning! 

Is it inappropriate that its 1030 and I have ate coco pops and 2 red velvet cookies?! I really need to feed baby some fruit before it's a wee chunky monkey lol.

Getting jealous seeing the mat leave chat. Even with my holidays in March I have 11 shifts then I'll be more in April, another 16ish. Why did I say I'd work so long??! haha.

I got woken up a few times in pain last night, pelvis is getting much worse and everytime baby was fairly active. But it was pain waking me not baby, I think? My last midwife told me if baby is active through the day/night it means your labour is most likely to happen during their waking time. And my daughter was a night owl throughout pregnancy and majority of my labour was through the night... heres hoping for a day labour this time lol.

Hope your all well.

Natalie x

• Options

Oh man braxton hicks have started image ouch! Is it not too early??? Eek. I walked to shop in work for lunch but it had stopped doing meal deal so I went to canteen for chips.  Think baby got over excited as my bump went solid and the spasms were ridiculously sore I could barely move for few mins then gone lol. 

The poor receptionist looked horrified haha!!

• Options

Aww poor you Natalie! Don't think that I've had them yet (bump goes hard and spasms but no pain?) but I believe they can start from 25 weeks? 

I'm meeting my friend for lunch. I'll probably go for chips too haha! It's nice and sunny here in bham....Hoping the spring comes early! 

Louise xxx