Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2016

1535455565759»

Replies

• Options

My gorgeous boy has started smiling! X

• Options

Oh how cute! Best feeling ever when they start to smile I bet! Cannot wait for Nancy to start giving smiles, although my partner is convinced she already does!

We were allowed home yesterday, such a relief to be home. Nancy seems to have her nights and days back to front though, finding it really difficult to get her to settle at night as she just cries when we put her down, any tips gratefully received? :-) 

• Options

I would also be grateful of tips Amy lol, he sleeps like a dream all day and as soon as he touches that Moses basket he's grumpy x

• Options

Grace sleeps in a next to me bed and seems quite settled of a night time apart from when she wakes for a feed. Try putting something that smells of yourself in the moses basket as a sheet for example house coat or cardigan. This can comfort them xx

• Options

The only thing I would suggest is just to keep to trying. The more they are put down, the more they will get used to it. That being said all babies are different and ours are only days/weeks old. They want to be close to us at this stage. I remember hearing/reading how this is like the 4th trimester. Of course this doesn't help us with the sleep deprivation but it's not forever. With my other three things really improved once we got past the 6 week mark.

X

• Options

That's really reassuring to hear piglet14, I just need to remind myself that this is temporary and she will soon get the hang of it. I will miss cuddling her when she no longer wants to be held xx

• Options

random question... has everyone's babies lost their cord yet? mine is still firmly attached, make me feel sick!

• Options

Mrs burns... Orla's came off this morning! it was so smelly yesterday I thought it was infected but apparently it's just a sign it's ready to come off!  Don't worry though as they say up to 6 weeks is normal for a cord to stay on!! Xx

• Options

Maci's cord came off yesterday after a trip to a&e because we thought she was really unwell she was really hot and unsettled and just didn't seem herself. But all is ok! And the belly button looks much better now x

• Options

I have a sleepyhead but they are exspensive makes her feel like she is being held. That said at the beginning Tilly was like that. She is getting better now and will be put down and will go off to sleep.

tilly's chord came off on day 3. She is now 4 weeks and 1 day and is weighing about 7.7lbs. She has cradle cap though and has lost some hair at the front because of it gave some good cream though x

• Options

I keep looking at the sleepyheads, they have great reviews.

i took Rory to the doctors today and asked him to look at his cord.  He gave me some cream to try help dry it out and prevent it from becoming infected. fingers crossed  works.

• Options

Grace lost her cord at 4 Days old and she sleeps like a dream, only time i need to hold her is when im feeding her. But every baby is different!! We have a lil issue with pooping at the moment she just doesnt seem to want to go but yet we have loads of wet nappies and she is gaining weight just fristrating anyone else having this problem? X

• Options

Hi all, we just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing? 

• Options

Doing ok! My little 1 is 5 weeks on Sunday. She has had some cradle cap and I found this really good oil for that and dry skin it has helped a lot called kokoso from boots. However I soaked her head in this and brushed it with a soft brush and some hair came out so now she has a bald patch at the front of her head Oops she won't thank me in the pictures when she is 18! x

• Options

Maci's 11 days today shes had to have her milk changed as she is really badly constipated on cow and gate :( bless her! Shes also coming down with a cold!

• Options

Nancy is also 11 days old today and likes to keep mummy and daddy awake at night!! Although we are making slow progress and every night seems to be getting better. She's doing well with her weight gain, 8lbs 8oz born, and now almost 9lbs!! I am absolutely exhausted from all the visitors, looking forward to a quiet weekend! x

• Options

Charlie is doing well. Still has his cold which is affecting his sleep and he's very clingy. He's feeding really well which is good.

Today was my first day home alone with all 4 kids. We had a few moments where the older three were bickering in the play room and I was feeding Charlie in the living room so couldn't intervene but I other than that I survived! Will be grateful for bedtime though lol x 

• Options

Hi everyone,
    We really hope you and your babies are doing well?

We are pretty sure that all of your babies have arrived now (and if we're wrong please do let us know!), and as it's the 1st of November today, we thought it was time to give you all a brand new thread to chat on - so please do come on over to October 2016 Babies and say hi, show us some new pics and let us know how you are. 

And for those that post on the new thread within the next week or so, we'll have a lovely little gift for you too.

Congratulations to you all. We are so happy for you (and a bit jealous of those new babies in your arms). We will also be locking this thread as soon as we're sure you've had a chance to see this post. 

NEW THREAD THIS WAY! 

• Options

Hi all, we're locking this thread now. Here's your new one.

NEW THREAD THIS WAY!