Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st Time using Clomid ... anything I should know?

Hi All,

I'm expecting AF today [no sign yet but all signs point to her imminent arrival] so I shall be taking Clomid for the first time in the next few days.

Does anyone know when in the day I should take it? First thing, last thing? And also if it matters whether it's on a full or empty stomach? :?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I would take it at night so if you get any side effects they happen while you're asleep.

The first month from about 9dpo the side effects came and took me by surprise as nobody told me! I started crying for no reason at all, then a bit grumpy. I felt very sick and had a few hot flushes. Some people get no symptoms at all though and usually 1st month is the worst.

On a positive note I got a bpf on the 2nd cycle of using it x x
  • Options
    I would definatly say take it before you go to bed, after dinner. I didn't get many symptoms apart from being more emotional.

The best advice I can give is relax and try not to think about it too much, I got my bfp after my first cycle and I was a Chlomid baby myself!
  • Options
    I would say exactly the same as the others, at night is best

Good luck

I got my bfp on my 5th month of clomid and am also a clomid baby myself

xx