Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ohss

Just been for scan and looks like I maybe getting ohss, my stomach is really bloated and feel sick, and my follies have grown very quickly! I now have 32! And the left one has jumped from 5 to 16!! ( I thought left one would be a lot slower developing! I have had a blood test and will find out this afternoon, will update later x

Replies

• Options
    oh no gemlou - thats a nightmare.

fingers crossed for you.

xxx
  • Options
    Hello Gemlou

Just to let you know what happened to me. I had an ivf cycle back in august and i had 54 follicles. I was on a low dose of drugs but with my PCOS my body still went a bit crazy! I really thought that we would not go ahead with EC as I was getting some bad vibes off the staff at the clinic but we did and we got 22 eggs! 15 of those fertilised. The bad news was that because anything over a haul of 20 eggs at my clinic was considered too high risk of ohss so they would not go to ET as pregnancy can make it worse and we had a freeze all cycle. now we have 15 frosties and are hoping to have a couple put back in a few weeks. At the time i was on a drip after EC and my input and output of fluid was monitored by me at home but I did not develop anything other than mild symptoms of ohss which I think astounded the clinic staff. i followed all the advice on BE about drinking lots of water and milk.

Anyway sorry this is a bit rambling but don't give up on the cycle as they may be able to coast you on the drugs etc - what day are you on??

Take care x
  • Options
    Everything crossed for you.

H.xxx
  • Options
    Hi

Well... I havnt got ohss!!! But they are concerned that I have 32 follicles. I have to decrease my dose this evening!! I still feel so yuk thoimage xx

Princess Debbie

Iv got egg collection on wed but iv lost track on how many days iv done so farimage wow 54!!! Iv got pcos too so I guess that's how we react to the drugs!! Really hope they can go forward with ec, why do you have to drink lots of milk?? Iv not heard that!!

Thanks hjanea xxx
  • Options
    hi gemlou,

i replied to the other thread but just wanted to add to this. You need to eat/drink lots of protein and drink 2 litres of water to prevent ohss. This may help to manage the hormone levels in your blood test. Milk is good for protein xxx