Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Question about timing for IVF

Hello

I have a quick question about timing for IVF. I was put on the pill almost 12 weeks ago and told to take it continuously (i.e no break so no AF) before starting the whole IVF process.

I have my appointment scheduled for the 19th Jan and was told I could start the IVF within a week or so after that.

However, unfortunatley, I have had some really bad tummy cramps and break through bleeding so they have told me to come off the pill for the week's break and then start on the next pack.

Will that affect my timings for beginning IVF? I think I read somewhere that if you are on the pill before hand, you come off it at the end of a pack and you start to down reg once your period arrives. Is that correct? Im so confused!!!! If thats correct then I will now have another month to wait :cry:

can anyone help?

Replies

• Options
    hiya, it must be really frustrating .....

sorry no idea about what happens with the pill .... but I started to down reg 21 days after my period ....are you on a long or short protocol?

have you had all of your tests? if not these can be done within the time you are waiting!!

best of luck. xx