Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

question about e.t. for samsa and gemlou and anyone who has had et

hi

just a couple of questions about et if anyone can help

first of all, has anyone had pain killers etc or does it not hurt? secondly were your other halves with you?

thanks very much xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi angel heart

No didn't have any pain relief for et, it's like a smear! I was more uncomfortable as my legs were up in stirrups!!! When are you in Hun??? I asked for a scan pic of the embryo!! Itlooks like a white dotimage

Marc was with me, I think it's nice for them to be there but I know people where their partner hasn't been able to go due to work.

Xxxx
  • Options
    hi angelheart,

I agree with gemlou - its just like a smear, but slightly more uncomfy as it takes a little longer. Not painful at all though - i just tried to relax and breathe deeply. Also had my dh with me and got a photo image So exciting xx
  • Options
    thank you both...i am being daft stressing about it as we are only having baseline scan tomorrow so might not even get that far!
  • Options
    I went on my own for mine. I found it a very stange sensation-a smear with a full bladder-lovely! I was surprised how emotionally attached I felt to the embie (it was a donor one) but also after the first hour or so of being pupo it felt like a real anticlimax-wierd!

H.xxx