Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else had a very difficult transfer?

Evening ladies

I finally had my transfer today, started off feeling really positive as we had one good quality hatching blast and another early blast to put back but this PMA soon disappeared.

From what I had read ET was relatively straightforward and people had likened it to a smear but mine was nothing like that! I do have a tilted uterus so not sure if this contributed but he was digging around for hours trying to find the right position for the catheter and then he thought he had got it right and called for the embies and then something slipped so they were taken away again while he has another go. Eventually after what must have been about half an hour they went in (I hope!).

It was a really uncomfortable and painful experience, even hubby said he felt faint. Then we had to sign the post proceedure form and on this it said "very diffcult transfer". Apart from the stress and pain at the time I have come back home and googled any complications it can cause and overwhelmingly it seems to have negative influences on the rate of successful pg, maybe even halving the rate due to trauma on the uterus. We are gutted to have finally got so far and then still have a problem :cry:

Looking for some PMA ladies, really thought I would be so happy now (and don't get me wrong I can see the positives in the blasts etc) but I can't help feeling this might have been preventable and it has ruined a really good chance. Sorry for the self indulgant rant - damn hormones!!

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Debbie

I am sorry it wasn't a smooth transfer, please try not to stress yourself out further you need to relax (easier said than done) I don't have any experiences of difficult transfer sorry maybe some-one else might. The important think is you have 2 nearly blasts which is like you say fantastic in itself. Its going to be a long old 2 weeks for us both xxxxx

Lots of pma xx
  • Options
    When is your test date
  • Options
    sorry to hear you have had a difficult transfer, i imagine the tilted uterus would make it painful and difficult.

lots of pma coming your way x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies , have the week off so planning to take things really easy. Annette are you off too??

Not exactly sure when OTD is, apparently 14 days according to one of the people or 12 according to another, I will go with 12 as it a blast and know I have no will power!!! I am going to call my clinic later (it was a transport cycle so a bit disjointed) when is your test date Annette? x
  • Options
    Hi Debbie

My test date is 6th March which is 15 days after et which is ages away........ ill probably crack before then. Yes i'm off work to hoping doc will give me a sick note the clinic don't do them anymore, have you got a sicknote?

Are you feeling any better today?

Annette xxx
  • Options
    Hello, yes am feeling much better pain wise today, got the call this morning to say that they are not going to refreeze the reamining embies tho which was a bit of a blow on my already slightly emotional state. Having said that if someone had said to me last week that I would be in my 2ww with 2 embies on board I would have been delighted so trying to be v. positive now!

No I have got a mix of leave and 'fertility days' and I only work part time so not back until 1st March. Having said that I am pretty sure my doc would have no probs signing me off if I asked him. Are you off for the whole 2 weeks?? x
  • Options
    Hi Debbie yes I am planning to be off for the whole 2 weeks, I haven't told work the truth though, and we don't get fertility days!!! how many fertility days do you get?

Glad your feeling better today and more positive xxx
  • Options
    just to let you know i had a 5 day blastocyst transfer last sat(as you know) and they have asked me to test this wed.

hope this helps xx
  • Options
    Annette - Well I think I will go for 12 days until I test if we make it that far, that way it will be a Friday and I have the weekend to get my head around the result! Really tho I think our OTD will be 6th March like yours!

We get up to 3 fertility days per year at our place for a full timer so about 2 for me, never heard of anyone but me taking them, I'm far too honest about my treatment but I guess it does have some advantages. What are you going to do for 2 weeks off work? I have enjoyed lounging around today I must say. Did my Zita West relaxation and fell asleep bliss.

Angelheart, thanks for the info hun, I think testing is another case of being different clinic by clinic....xx