Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

yasmin and clomid

I saw my gyne yesterday and he prescribed the combination pill yasmin to make me have a withdraw bleed and clomid to take when i have the bleed 100mg i was just wondering if anyone has tried this

i have taken the eastrogen for 3 weeks followed by provera for 1 week tjis did not work on me which was why the gyne has now prescribed this i am also taking metformin 3 times a day not sure how this will help

can anyone give me advise

im a bit cnfused that the gyne has prescribed the pill when im trying to concieve has really got me down

Replies

• Options
    please someone must have some advise
  • Options
    Hi mrsfarrer

I had to go on Yasmin before ivf so that they could get control of my cycles. Normally to have a withdraw bleed I would take provera then take my clomid like you. On my first month of taking Yasmin I didn't have a withdraw but the second month I did. Sometimes it can take a while to get into your system if you havnt been on it for years. Everyone reacts different so don't let me frighten you bout not coming on!

I was the same about going on the pill, but if you were taking prover you wouldn't be falling pregnant then either ! Trynot to think of it as a contraception that's what I didimage

Have you ever had clomid before?? Have u got pcos then? Xxx
  • Options
    Hi im not sure i have clomid to take when i do have a withdraw bleed did it work for u then did you try provera if so did u have a withdraw bleed
  • Options
    150 mg clomid worked for me but sadly mc at 9 weeks. I had prover a couple of times if I didn't feel like I was going to come on, but most of the time clomid regulated my cycles
  • Options
    well i have had a af on my first cycle of yasmin now taking 100mg of clomid for 5 days im taking them at night is that ok do u know
  • Options
    Ibelieve so