Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IVF here i come!... am off to Nurture :)

hi ladies....

well after months and months of ttc, preg tests, evaps and tears i am finally off to Nurture fertility clinic! via NHS. Saw the fertility consultant and he says that IVF is really the only road for us as my hubby has anti body sperm! which means they attack each other and they die!!! weird hey!..there are no meds for this, also i have pid history...

so we are told we wait about 6 weeks for our appt with nurture then off we go!!!..i am so excited...but very nervous about it all..can anyone help with these questions??

how many emreyos are they allowed to put back in?

do the injections hurt?

whats the chance of twins?

does egg transfer hurt?

how often do u visit the clinc on a weekly basis?

side effects of meds?

yes so many q's lol, i know my clinic can tell me but as u all no how impatient we are image xx ....i fear that this is my only chance on nhs as we only get one go, and then we have to pay, if we can afford we will but will be tight image

thanks all for reading image look forward to chatting to you all on our IVF journey!! xximage

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Is that Nuture in nottingham? Thats my clinic they are very good. I believe now its 1 embryo transfer on nhs but 2 if funded, i could be wrong... ET doesn't usually hurt, the injections are fine once you get used to them, when you start stims expect scans a couple of times a week they start scanning at 7:30am. Side effects for me are mainly moods and bloating but eveyones different!!!!

I have had 2 cycles with nurture fresh cycle in 2008 BFP now have a 18 month old gorgeous little boy. I am now on my 2ww from my FET 2 emmies transfered both times.

Wishing you lots of look xxxxx
  • Options
    hi congratulations on the good news...

every cycle is different.

We are private and our pct have a rule that if its your 1st cycle and you are under 37 they will only put 1 embryo back, so the only way of knowing what your clinic do is by asking. The amount of scans varies as well. We had 5 scans during the stimms stage, it all depends on how you are responding to the drugs. Was asleep for the egg retrieval and the embryo transfer was painless.

As for the chance of twins again this will depend on how many they put back. The reason our pct only put 1 back is to limit the chance of twins.

good luck. drink plenty of water and cut out caffeine to avoid headaches if you get given buserelin. x
  • Options
    aww thanks all ladies for your support! it means alot xx

yes it is nurture in nottingham im going too image

i cant wait to get started i just hope it leads to a BFP!!!...having the tablets and injections does that make ur hormones go crazYYY lol...like PMT x 100 haha,

tbh we wouldnt mind twins really i have read good and bad things about having them, but this will probably be our only baby so twins doesnt seem that bad image

wingnut am defo gonna get some of that cream! for sure haha, angelheart hope all is going well for you hun x been keeping uptodate with ur threads image good luck mummya to you as well!!!!!! xx image
  • Options
    Hi hadn't heard of that cream wish i had xxx
  • Options
    well i will be caking that cream on he he. . X