Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Need some hope

Hello Ladies,

I have unexplained secondary infertility and have just got a BFN after my second IUI attempt.

Can anyone offer me some hope that our third attempt at IUI or our first attempt at IVF can result in that much wanted BFP?

I'm feeling despondent and need some gee-ing for the next round [be it IUI or IVF]. Big thanks for anyone who shares.

Replies

• Options
    Anne, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. My consultant has recommended three goes at IUI before considering other options so we'll most likely have another shot at IUI. But I'm not feeling very positive about it at the moment. Hopefully as the cycle starts [I'm waiting for AF after just coming off progesterone], I'll get some PMA back. We're self-funded so if we can get a BFP from IUI and not have to use a whole lot of saving earmarked for other things for IVF, it would be great.

Wishing you a H&H pregnancy.
  • Options
    We also had unexplained infertility, we turned down further help partly because we couldn't afford it and partly because we couldn't agree on whether it was the right route for us. We now have a beautiful 3 month old daughter who arrived naturally and somewhat unexpectidly after we gave up trying. I am sure it is the stress that was the cause in our case. We tried for 2 years to get her and had a miscarrage along the way. We were sure it would never happen for us. Stay positive and try to relax and I understand they are words that are so hard to take or accept in your situation, I used to hate it when people used to say relax it will happen but I actually think they were right in our case. I know we are lucky and it is not always that straight forward but you asked for hope. Good luck hun I know how heart breaking it is xx
  • Options
    HI hun,

I have a positive IVF story. We were referred for IVF after three years of trying and an ectopic (in which I lost a tube). I was dreading IVF - the emmotional and physical trials - but it really was fine.

I had accu the whole way through (i'd been having it previously and loved it) and made sure I had someone to talk to and in all honestly I found it a doddle. So much easier than people had told me. I did all the injections myself (i had to pysc myself up the first time but once I'd done it it was easy!). I had very few side effects - the down regging was a little tiring, but for me I got the worse symptoms from them putting me on the pill for a month before the cycle. The two week wait was nerve wracking - but that was the worst part for me.

I'm now 31 weeks preg and planning to go back for cycle number 2 at the beginning of next year. I'm not worries at all at having a whole new fresh cycle - in fact I know it may take more than one go this time as we were lucky but I'm just not worried.

Follow their advice - do what you can naturally and with IUI first. make sure you're in a good frame of mind (a break and talking to someone will help). But don't think of IVF as this horrendous awful thing lurking on the horizon, it really may not be that bad.

Good luck and I hope that helps a little.

R x