Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lots of Questions

Hi Ladies, this is very surreal reading through all your journeys. How comforting to find people going through and understading the processes that i too am going through. I am due for Egg Collection on Monday and am nervous.com

have a few questions for those of you who have experienced it all before...

Did you take time off work for the EC or Transfer? I am a lifeguard and have a very physical job, never been off sick before and don't know how much time i may need for recovery?

Also, my mother believes that you get told that you cannot swim for 6 weeks after the process, please can anyone confirm this as i am sure i will need to arrange office work in the short term?

This may sound weird but... has anyone else had fluid leaking from their lady parts since injecting? on 2 occassion i have found myself wet and not weeing myself.. ha ha! I am just nervous that my ovaries are not obtaining the fludis as they shold be which maybe why i am not suffering side effects, except a few dizzy spells. I have an appointment and scan tomorrow to ensure all is good before the EC on Monday 17th, but wondering if anyone could shed a light before i go.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

LadyVictoria x x x
http://

Replies

• Options
    I don't know how the long the swimming is for but you can't have a bath for 48 hours and can't have sex until test day. I beleive that part of this reason is because you have open wounds (Although I had no bleeding) from egg collection and the risk of infection needs to be kept to a minimum.

I work in an office and I needed the day after off. I got painful trapped wind and had constipation (Sorry TMI) and cramps the day after egg collection which I think is quite common. I was also really tired and slept most of the day after. I felt pretty normal after that -just bloated and a bit tender.

Next time I am booking the 2nd week of the dreaded 2ww off as I was devastated to be suprised by AF 4 days before test day and had to go to work and pretend everything was okay when I was an emotional wreck - Hardest week of my life!

Hope this helps

Good Luck
  • Options
    Did you take time off work for the EC or Transfer? I am a lifeguard and have a very physical job, never been off sick before and don't know how much time i may need for recovery? Also, my mother believes that you get told that you cannot swim for 6 weeks after the process, please can anyone confirm this as i am sure i will need to arrange office work in the short term?

Hi LadyVictoria

I'll try and answer you questions - I've had 2 rounds of ICSI and have egg collection for round 3 on Wednesday so I'm just behind you.....

you will need the day of your collection off as this is normally under general anesthetic. You will feel tender and uncomfortable but this soon passes.

After Embryo Transfer - some people go back to work after this - it depends on how you feel.

With regards to the swimming - i think you should ask your clinic - but as Mrsshepuk says it is to do with infection.

I normally have a week off after transfer .... the second week is definitely the hardest part.

best of luck.

xx
  • Options
    Thank you both so much for replying. i'm just headin out now so will confirm anything with the consultant. Sonunds like a good plan to keep myself entertained the 2nd week then. i am super impatient as it is. mind you, the whole process of TCC has been nothing but waiting so far.. good luck with your scan today too and both of you current cycles.

thanks again x x