Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fallopian Tubes Gone- Time to move on

Hi

I am very new to this site and have only posted a few times. However would like to share my story and find others like myself or in similar situation to talk to. Me and my husband had been TTC for over two years before the following happened and I am now 27.

I had both my fallopian tubes removed yesterday along with two cysts they found at the same time due to bilateral hydrosalpinx. Feeling very sore and tired :cry:

However I know our only option now is IVF so it is time to move on to better things.

Lots of luck to others

Replies

• Options
    Emrob - I was thinking of you yesterday.

Hope you are felling ok and not too sore - I hope you are off work next week. Take it easy.

You know my story so you know that there can be a positive outcome from all of this. I was told that it's good to do an IVF cycle between 2 and 6 months after you've been operated on - as you''ve been cleared out - so I have everything crossed for you. Let me know how you get on - I'll follow your story - any questions just ask.

You've done the right thing. Best of luck.

OG xx
  • Options
    Thankyou Orangegerbera,

I'm sore but improving daily and yes have next week and half off work. The op went very well and they also found and removed 2 cysts at same time so consultant was very pleased. He also said my right tube was as swollen as a golf ball so good job they got it. The pictures were amazing of it all cleaned out.

Will be starting first IVF cycle next month as this what has been recommended. Hope we are as successful as you.

Will be starting on pill first week in December, then hopefully will start down reg before christmas.

I'm looking forward to starting the ivf now. I may be asking you some questions in near future

Hope your doing well?

Em xx